• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Elsinore

leftyhunter

I am just about to buy my bow fishing equipment. If you live in the metro LA area I would be more then willing to split expenses. and carpool to Elsinore. I do understand that bowfing at LE is only during the weekdays. I can try to get a week day off.
Leftyhunter

SoCalbowfisher05

Just went there today Mike got 7 good size fish smallest was 7lbs biggest was 12lbs no spawn yet fish are shallow but just to feed I was looking for tails sticking out the whole time to shoot at

leftyhunter

I went to Lake Elsinore to day May 16th and rented a boat from Williams Boat rental . I was able to get a 14ft boat with a small out board motor for $85 from 6am ( I got their closer to 7am) to 3pm. Not a bad price at all. I went to the cove that is facing Roman Hill 9 which is on the official Lake Elsinore map) . It was not very windy but I had trouble seeing in the water even with sun glass's. The water is only ankle deep fairly far from shore at least 50 yards. I actually kicked a carp while towing the boat and saw a few when the wind made the water sort of clear up for a brief spell. They are spawning. Williams told me that the water today was as clear as it gets. He told me bow fisher men can fill 50 gallon drums full of carp. They use elevated seats so they get a more accurate view of the water. If I was more skilled I could of gotten at least two but this is my first time out. Their were very few boats on the lake and has far as I could tell no one was fishing.After May Day it gets real crowded at least on the week ends. Williams told me that when it gets hotter their will be carp hanging around the shore lines in even greater numbers until the end of July.
Leftyhunter

solus

Good to know. Wish i could have joined you. I ended up not going to work but instead to an interview...wish i had gone fishing lol

Top Bottom