Emigrant Wilderness

dusty20

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone in the last couple of weeks been into Emigrant Wilderness around Emigrant Lake. Wondering how bad the mosquitoes are this time of year. Going in a week from today to do some scouting and some fishing for 7 days. Thanks

Backcountry

Reaction score
Haven't been there recently, but many similar locations near water at the same elevation on the east side... the mosquitos peaked about 6 weeks ago and as of this past weekend won't be much of a bother any more this season... you'll still have the occassional few bugs to slap in the evening, but not the persistant swarms earlier in the season... you shouldn't have a problem.

Backcountry

dusty20

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Backcountry. Last year I went in the first of August and got ate up alive both me and my stock. Don't want to go through that again. Will take some bug juice just incase. Thanks again.

Backcountry

Reaction score
The biting flies were still around this past weekend... with stock you'll probably have even more around than we did.

Have fun! Backcountry

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
I was at 8K feet this past week in the Mokulumne Wilderness & the Skeeters where bad till it cooled off @ 10pm.

dusty20

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Arrowslinger, I will definafely take enought bug juice for me and my horses. Don't want to have a spoiled trip because of flying blood suckers like last year.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom