Empty Pics?????????

madmike

Reaction score
Set my camera out and all I got was pics of the landscape and a white german sherpard.  The photos occur early in the morning and later in the evening but there is nothing showing.  Also when I turn on the camera it fires off a picture.  Works well other than the empty pics.  Any suggestions?

davered1

Reaction score
face camera north out of sun.The sun is probably firing your camera off.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Also make sure that there are no leaves or tree limbs waveing around in front of the sensor area.If it is hot out you are waisting your time and film. The heat is making the sensor go off. Mike

woodsman

Reaction score
THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THE SUN ALONG WITH THE SUDDEN CHANGE IN TEMP CAN AFFECT THE PIR .

madmike

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I was careful about the leaves and limbs, it was extremely hot when the camera was out.  And the camera was facing north.  I was having some problems with flash bleeding onto the pics so it was basically a fine tuning to fix problems.  Have sealed off the flash now. With the extreme temps and humidity in
NC will I be able to get pics prior to 9/16 bow opening?  Thanks once again for all the input.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi MM,
Don't know if you have these options in your setup..... but if you do, try setting the cam so it only functions during the "non-falsing" time period.  Also.... Brian has an advanced timer / controller that offers temperature disabling - a nice feature for you guys that get the heat.

The fact that your falsies happen in the morning / evening suggest either sunlight or wind is causing your falsing.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
madmike

During the hot summer months I only set my camera's up in totally shaded areas.  I try to find trails that are in pines, or even some nasty thick stuff that doesn't let the sun in. I haven't had any problems "so far". I always like to have my camera's out during the summer because I get some cool shots of fawns, and I like seeing the buck as they are developing. Good luck.

Zeke

Reaction score
Hey Mike,

If camera is taking a pic when you turn it on.........Are you giving the sensor time to reset itself.  With a RS sensor..this usually takes about 30 secs.

What kind of equipment do you have in it...what sensor..etc.  It will help trying to figure out your problem.

kmitch

Reaction score
Make sure you use a large tree to mount your camera. I've made this mistake several times untilI figured it out. I would find a roll of film shot up in less than 24 hours. If there was a storm coming through I could see it develop in time lapse. The FAQ says 7-8" min dia.

Keith

madmike

Reaction score
Zeke, it is the RS sensor.  I have an off/on switch and with the camera on, when I turn the sensor on it fires soon after power on to the sensor.  One other thing I'm wondering is with it being very dry this year, the birds and chipmunks are very active could they set it off?  The pics that I took had alot of flash in them so the outer  edges were non viewable.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
madmike,When you turn on the power make sure that the toggle for the camera is off,After a short time you can arm the camera,the sensor takes awhile to warm up,in other words it is triggered for an extended period (between 30-60 seconds)After the sensor warms up you should be able to arm the camera without a picture being taken,That is if you wired it with the 2 toggles like the diagram shows.Do you have an LED test light? if so turn the toggle to that and then turn on the sensor power,after the light goes out you can then flip it to Camera mode

Top Bottom