End of CA season

metalkingdom

Reaction score
 I hate the end of turkey season.  Even though I was fortunate enough to bag a nice bird, I still feel like something is missing in my life.  Putting the vest away, throwing away old mouth calls, hanging up the camo hat, and locking up the shotgun are all things that I don't like to deal with.  Another year will pass before I hear another gobble reveberate through the quiet morning woods.

This year, work forced me to limit my time out there.  My two late season hunts climaxed by taking shots (pictures!) of solitary hens feeding.  Not very exciting, but time outdoors, especially when turkey hunting, is always quality time.

I'm considering buying some land in New Zealand, and living there part-time.  There's an abundance of American wild turks there, and no season or regs.  Really!

Good luck to those of you in other states that are still trying!  See ya in November!!!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hanging up the gear is painful, it means back to work for me.

Arizona Metal, apply next year and get 2 more weeks of turkey hunting. Oregon has late season also but that drive is a killer for us SoCals.

Rattler

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks to everyone for their tips, insight and comraderie. NOW I'll go fishin'.  For the guys who are still in the chase: Hang in there, no one ever shot a turkey from in front of their TV (Although I hear in some parts you can almost pull that off, too.)  Good Huntin'.

killinturks

Reaction score
boy, it sure is a long way till fall to hunt again, aint it. i hate walking away too but its kind of nice to lay around in bed late, say 6 am. i got a tag good for wed thru sun next week then i'm done too. i think next year ill try to get to the black hills for birds. i believe starting this year you have to apply in advance, no over the counter sales. ive been camping and to the bike rally but never hunting there. lots of space and plenty of birds or so im told.

Top Bottom