Enyone ever try using urine from a sow in heat

BLASTMASTER

Reaction score
Anyone ever use this type of scent attractant? Does it do anything? I've seen it advertised, but heck, I know where to get some for free

hogsarunnin

Reaction score
I use it in traps , I have even put a sow inside of a corral trap in a smaller cage to bring in the trap shy boars it works fantastic. The IMPORTANT THING IS TO BE VERY CAREFUL BECAUSE THE BOAR WILL BE COMING IN DOWN WIND AND IN A VERY EXCITED MANNER . AS I APPROACH TRAPS W/ THE ABOVE SCENARIO I HAVE CAUGHT OLD BOARS LAYING IN WAIT FOR ANYTHING THAT TRIES TO MESS WITH HIS LADY

EvBouret

Reaction score
I set up a dripper with sow in heat once on a friend property. Came back two days later to check for tracks to see if the dripper worked at all and a good sized pig had reached about 5 feet off the ground and ripped off my dripper. It chewed it to bits and rooted all around the area. Seems like it interested the pig pretty well. I would recommend setting it up maybe a day before you hunt an area in an attempt to get the bigger dominant boars in the area and not in the other county.

BLASTMASTER

Reaction score
I was thinking I could put up a soaked paper towel in a tree near an area I already scouted as being active, and would normally be watching till dark anyway. That way if one comes anywhere near the area, he may go specifically to that spot to check it out...BLAM!...

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Tinks (the company that makes Tinks 69 deer lure) sent me some of their new Power Pig scent and scent wicks. There's a sow in heat scent and a dominant boar scent. I haven't tried the dominant boar, but I put out a wick with some of the sow in heat scent at Tejon. I ended up shooting my hog across the canyon, but the next evening when I walked in, something had pulled down the scent wick. Couldve been coyotes or it could have been a hog... but I wasn't there to see it.

I'll be trying it out in a few more places soon, but as of right now the jury is still out in my experience.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like someone needs a trail cam?

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
beerrrrry interesting Dr. Jones.... It seems that everyone having the same problem. Put the trail cam up and post the results.

Top Bottom