Eric's Indiana 8 point buck

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Here is Eric's Indiana buck. I'm pretty sure he got it in Indiana this fall. I'll drag him in here to tell his story.

jayber

Reaction score
Great lookin' buck Eric......congrats!  Now let's hear all about the details!!!

Ericnavy24

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first post of many I am sure LOL. Well I took this wonderful buck on my leave time on Nov 20, 2001 in Wayne county, Indiana. I was hunting at a friends house and was strictly buck hunting since I had harvested an antlerless deer opening morning that dressed 110lbs(pics to come lol) I had hunted the evening of the 19th and the morning of the 20th from the same stand and seen nothing but two different coyotes but hey I wasnt going to let them yotes get me down plus hey I am in the woods and not in San Diego LOL (sorry fellow san diegans lol) The evening of the 20th found me in the same stand that I had seen the yotes. The stand is a ladder/platform stand that is about 14ft off the ground. Well I get up in the stand and pull up my Knight muzzleloader. I just get sat down in the chair when I look over and see a yote walking through the woods about 85yds away. Now after seeing the other two I was very tempted to make this one a grease spot but luck would have it he was moving to quickly and didnt have a clean shot. Well I thought for sure the evening hunt was going to be like the other two previous times. About 5pm I heard a deer running and here came a doe right beside me at about 15yds well she had no clue I was there and she started eating but as she  lowered her head she picked it up and looked towards the other end of the woods. Well I thought for sure it would be another yote LOL. Well I kept watching as did the doe for something to move and there at the edge of the woods was a large body deer and then after he got around a large tree I was easily able to see his rack. Well my heart was in my throat right then and there.lol. He was about 90yds and moving through the woods. I grabed my grunt call and then remembered about the doe. She was still in the same spot but now she had busted me but she didnt care for some reason THANK GOD. I was even able to stand up and she still watched me and kept eating. I grunted at the buck and he really didnt act like he heard me but he started walking to me at an angle so I was preparing for a shot and I grunted and he heard me this time and came right to a creek bed right bed my stand at 50yds distance well I was getting ready to shoot him but I heard the doe start walking. Well as soon as he seen her it was pure LOVE. He grunted hard twice and came up out  of the creekbed and was walking at a fast pace as the crosshairs settled on his rib cage and I let it roar. Well at the shot he took off at a trot and I could tell that he was hurting very badly. He made it about 30yds and I lost sight of him behind some tress. I thought he kept running out to the bean field to the south but as I was reloading he trotted out behind the tree and made it another 20yds and fell. I finally reloaded which is a chore considering I had a cast on my right hand at the time and lowered my gun and made it around to him. I walked up thank god on his rear and not his head. I poked him with my muzzle of my gun and he could only move his eye but let me tell you the look he was giving me told me step back and shoot LOL. The buck is a 9 pointer. In the picture posted you can not see the 9th tine because its behind the g-2 by my left hand. He dressed at 170lbs. Well guess I am glad you have taking the time to read this tale and I hope you all have a wonderful Xmas and new years and if you all are still hunting GOOD LUCK AND SHOOT STRAIGHT

Fubar

Reaction score
Eric Welcome to Jesses Forum. Congratulations on a beautiful buck! Thanx for the story and the pic.         Fubar

jayber

Reaction score
Great story to a good buck.....thanks for sharing.....enjoyed it!!

Top Bottom