etched board for D370 flash circuit

passgas55

Reaction score
Do we have a up to date version of Jon5ja flash circuit and any body selling parts kit for it and an etched board? Thanks, David

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a surface mount etched board for Jon's circuit but I have not had time to troubleshoot it.  I am sure it is something simple because I did check all the voltages on the CD4093 and they were correct.  I am sending it to Jon for him to look at while I work on the video system.  I don't have time to do look it over good and I fried an external flash while testing it last time.

Jon should get it soon.  Thanks Jon.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Brian made a surface mount board, but I'm not sure what the status of it is. I was going to make one, but I am waiting to see if anyone solves the power consumption issue with the slave unit itself. Also, I think vman might have etched a board for this circuit. I don't know if anyone is selling them at this time.

vman

Reaction score
I have etched a board for this using the it from radio shack.  It was really easy to do, took about one hour to complete.  It was just on the big side.  

As far as power consumption,
Used a relay with a .1uf cap coming off of the RS pin #2 to turn the flash on when motion is detected and the batteries are still going strong.  The problem is the cam takes a pic before the flash is fully charged.  It you have the cam in double pic mode the second pic will have the external flash.  Here is a link to the pic of my circuit board.
pics

Latest Posts

Top Bottom