• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Ever seen a do over for a deer tag?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Usually once you kill a deer that's it for that tag. In MO one year one of group knocked down a buck but had a long blood trail to follow. Once he found it the coyotes had eaten most of the meat. He called a warden who looked at what was left and actually wrote him a new tag. Only time I've seen that. We thought that was fair since the guy spent all night looking for it but the coyotes beat him to it.

Ever seen a do over on a deer tag?

jindydiver

It seems only fair, but I thought your tag was the chance to shoot a deer and recovery was not a part of the deal.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Jindy, I think that was the point. As part of our hunting regulations, we also have the burden to make every effort to recover the deer and it sounds to me like that was an important point in Jesse's story. Had he given up, he never would have found it, but he stayed the course, and found it eaten up. Perhaps the warden was impressed with his effort and wanted to be a good guy and give him a break. It's not a given; it sounds like it was all about this one instance.

No, I've never heard of that here in Georgia, but then it isn't often that we're checked here. We have to tag our deer here, just the same, but we don't have to validate the tag like Kali.

Top Bottom