Ever turkey hunt with a tie on?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
From my friend Steve Turpin, the turkey call maker. Who's hunted with a tie on before? Steve said pic was from 1945.

FB_IMG_1593280013757.jpg

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
not here, i would have gotten whipped if i wore my sunday best out in the woods. The hardest thing to do sunday morning after getting dressed was mom telling us to go outside to wait for them and dont get dirty. Even after church, if we tore up our sunday clothes there was hell to pay.

He could have been on the way or coming from church, never pass up a gift turkey right?

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I think our parents are related.
My dad would drive for hours to hunt the Sierras on opening day and of course that was a Saturday. On most hunts it was Saturday only. We would be back home on Sunday to go to church more often than not. The only time we could get a two day hunt for sure was when the electricians started taking every other Friday off. That gave us two 3 day weekends per month.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Never turkey hunted with a tie, but l always kept a 20 gauge in the trunk during pheasant season. Shot a few pheasants I spotted while driving(often while wearing a tie).

One of the deacons at the church always brought an old double barrel during pheasant season and propped it up in the back corner of the church.

Top Bottom