Everyone's favorite cattle yard / feed lot in Heber CA now POSTED

wingshooter-kj

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever shot out the windshield of the water truck and then bailed another good dove spot is now posted. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up I know a lot of people that hunt that spot opener don't go down early and scout and would be SOL come opening morning if they just showed up. I knew this was coming sooner or later. People cleaning there birds and just leaving the guts, not picking up there shells etc. If people keep acting like this all private property in CA will be posted before you know it. What a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garlicsalt

Reaction score
Really to bad that this ''IT'S ALL ABOUT ME'' generation is f#%&ing up for the all about us generation.

WAKE UP YOU CLOWN'S

Limited Out

Reaction score
This is a situation where we are our "Own Worst Enemies". Picking up your own empties and a few more when possible is just the right thing to do. A leaf rake will clean up a lot of empties quickly. Field cleaning birds is just disrespectful to the people who own the property you are shooting on. A pile of feathers and guts looks low class! You have to leave a wing on when transporting anyway, so why not just clean the birds when you get home. With all the negativity surrounding hunting, It might serve us all well to be more ethical and show a bit of integrity when using others land. This short term thinking just gives the anti-hunting folks a bit more leverage to implement a long term solutions that could easily mean no hunting in California for our kids and grandkids. Think!!

Last edited:

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Its been getting so bad In the last couple of years, seems I can't go In far enough to not find trash left by somebody. Has gotten so bad I usually come out with my pack full of trash I have picked up heading in and out. look at how many public open the shot lands have been closed due to it being turn into a dump site. so frakin Sad!!

KTKT70

Reaction score
Only takes a few bad apples. I think it all comes down to good parents. If kids are raised right, they won't be out making trouble of any kind. I know that sum kids just are bad. But most times good up bringing will = good people. What we are seeing is lazy parents and the effects of that guidance.

Limited Out

Reaction score
We took a guy hunting with us to one of my "Hot Spots" last Saturday. This guy is a friend of a friend and is 70+ years old. The end of the day, he wants to field clean his birds and never picked up a single empty. My other friend and I were picking up our empties+ all day so it is not like he wasn't aware this was a priority with the guys that took him hunting. So it is not just young folks.
Nine times out of ten these types treat you like you are their guide when you hunt with them. They think there in Argentina and want to shoot way more than is reasonable or they feel like cleaning or eating, because there is "no limit". The smart money says shoot a reasonable amount and leave a few for next Saturday.
I have worked hard scouting to find and develop these spots and they are getting fewer and fewer. New Rule "If you don't pick up after yourself and want to field clean your birds it is the last day you hunt with me, period". End of story!!!!!

wingshooter-kj

Reaction score
We took a guy hunting with us to one of my "Hot Spots" last Saturday. This guy is a friend of a friend and is 70+ years old. The end of the day, he wants to field clean his birds and never picked up a single empty. My other friend and I were picking up our empties+ all day so it is not like he wasn't aware this was a priority with the guys that took him hunting. So it is not just young folks.
Nine times out of ten these types treat you like you are their guide when you hunt with them. They think there in Argentina and want to shoot way more than is reasonable or they feel like cleaning or eating, because there is "no limit". The smart money says shoot a reasonable amount and leave a few for next Saturday.
I have worked hard scouting to find and develop these spots and they are getting fewer and fewer. New Rule "If you don't pick up after yourself and want to field clean your birds it is the last day you hunt with me, period". End of story!!!!!
Glad you mentioned that. It truly isn't just the young generation. I'm 26 years old and probably considered part of the problem generation but like someone else above said its all about how you were raised. From the time I killed my first bird at 6 years old my father taught me to respect the land, landowners, and other hunters. From what I see out in the field the main problem roots from pure laziness

pilgrimbizket

Reaction score
Please pick your hulls/empties up when pheasant hunting alfalfa fields. I've had a farmer tell me the hulls f*** there sheers up.

When hunters start costing farmers money, it's simple for them to post land.

Auto loading shot guns are not allowed in the pheasant fields, there's no way you can control your hulls.

imperial valley hunter

Reaction score
Lived here in the IV all my life hunted/fished it all my life (41yrs) I have seen this behavior only getting worse, I have always been good with helping a fellow hunter out in finding a "starting point" to hunt down here and I have received that private message telling me not to help out people because "they" will burn out the spots especially "outsiders"(non valley hunters) and now with all of this that farmers have been shutting down areas I guess I will have to think twice about who I help out. Kinda sad because we want more hunters so we can fight for our rights against the tree huggers but then we have to hold back on helping fellow hunters because they might ruin/disrespect the land. I only hope that when my kids are old enough to hunt I don't have to pay to hunt. Please educate the new hunters that have not been raised to respect and remind the old ones that this is not a given but can be taken. rant over, thank you drive through... Good Day, Good Luck.

Limited Out

Reaction score
That hits the nail real square on the head. "This is not a Given".

sportyg

Reaction score
Why in "H" would someone want to shoot out the windows of one of the land owners trucks.. That is just so dumb..

Top Bottom