Extinct Crocodile Photographed

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Once Thought Extinct, Siamese Crocodile is Photographed in Siam

NEW YORK, NY, Apr. 19 -/E-Wire/-- A team of conservationists led by the New York-based Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) have re-discovered the Siamese crocodile in Thailand (formally known as Siam), capturing the animal on film while surveying for tigers.The crocodile, estimated at seven feet, was photographed by a remote camera trap as it lumbered along a riverbank in an isolated forest near the Thai-Myanmar border. Except for a single animal that has lived in a park for years, scientists believed the Siamese crocodile was extinct in Thailand until this discovery.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Tinhorn,
I wonder if it was a home-made camera?
Sure would like to get a pic like that!  Best I can hope for up here in the Northeast is a mountain lion - supposedly making their way back here.  Sure does make for interesting weekend hikes alone out in the woods - get to seein' a lion behind every rock after a while.  Must be fun out west.

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Pretty kewl Tinhorn. I just saw on ZDTV's Screensavers progarm a guy with a Camtrakker. He was using them to try and get a sasquatch on film. We are finally being accepted as normal by the mainstream. ;)

A few months back an English researcher emailed me about making some cams for his trip to  Thailand. They were trying to find a rare tiger. I wonder if this is the same guy or group. Anyhooo, I haven't heard from him but I asked him to share some of his pics he gets over there in the bush.

We don't have any monkeys yet on the homebrew webpage, unless you count that pic of me trying to adjust the cam.

Archilochus

Reaction score
You get requests like that too?  About six months back a guy e-mailed from France - he wanted automatic cameras for some hawk research.  Don't have a clue as to where he got my name from.  I gave some serious thought to taking the job, but ended up turning it down.   Only seem to be motivated to make cams for personal use.

Archilochus

Top Bottom