Extra Flash (GOOF)

dbassman53

Reaction score
Bright idea?  I had a bright idea ta add an extra flash to my camera because the edge of pic were dark.I wanted to use  disposable cam flash for this task upon testing and hooking up with jumpers (without diodes)it made the OWL flash, and now every time i turn it on the cam flashes and will not reset or work with MS20. Can anyone think of what I may have let the smoke out of and if repairable

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi dbass,
Sounds like one for the parts bin!  Check all wiring connections for good connections.  Maybe remove any of the wires you added and clean everything up and see if it works.
Did you remove the batts and let the cam sit for several minutes before re-installing them??  Doing that can clear up of all sorts of funky problems.

Archilochus

dbassman53

Reaction score
I have not let it sit without battery,I have checked the wires,nothing seemes to have shorted out at the connection. The way I hooked it up was at the stereo plug and the xtra flash contact it flashed and the rest is history.I will keep trying to find this at all boards. If it has to go to the parts bin, what will it hurt?
Thanks

dbassman53

Reaction score
Still, no luck on tracking down the smoke leak, alot of small trace to follow, so not to let the box sit empty placed an OWL PE Date.$39.+ change@ wally world, mark down. Your right to much heat and you have a problem. Now that i have it replaced i will dig deeper. Tanks for the site.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom