EZ w/External Flash

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
OK I finally got some pictures from the EZ with the external flash.

Some weird stuff happened and I am not sure what caused it but it looked like the external flash only flashed partial on most of the pictures and it really flashed well on a couple so I have posted a couple of each for comparison.
The pictures have been shrunk for the website so if you want a true look at what they look like then email me and I will send them.  Keep in mind that they are about 300K to 500K in size a piece.

Looks like it will work fine with the external flash when it flashes fully.

First link is to two pictures that looks like the external flash was at full charge or the timing was right for the camera and the external flash.

http://briang.netfirms.com/page20.html

Second link looks like a partial flash but the deer is close so you can still see them pretty well.

http://briang.netfirms.com/page21.html

Third is a weak flash but the deer are further out next to the mineral lick.

http://briang.netfirms.com/page22.html

Also, the time and date stamp is not working properly on my camera.  It seems to be off all the time.  Don't know why but it seems to stop or just not work.  I have set it umpteen times and it still will not work.  I will probably build a timing chip with EEprom for storage and get the time and date that way.  This camera is not going to whip me yet.

:mad-fumin-red:

The camera may be cheap but it is a pain in the butt.

bat

Reaction score
Hang in there Brian if anybody can do it you can.  Thanks for sharing.:band:

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
Brian, thanks for keeping us updated.  I purchased one of the EZ digital and mine won't show the date either.  I really can't find any explanation for it in the owner's manual.  I would like to see the original pics if you don't mind sending them to me.  Thanks.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Well, don't know if it's anything like my Sony cam - but on the Sony the time isn't printed on the pic itself.  When reviewing the pics with the cam a "date line" shows at the bottom of the index display.  Also, the cam creates an HTML document for each disk that has the date info and other stuff recorded.

Archilochus

jayber

Reaction score
Hang in there Brian.....looks like you're on the right track if you can figure out the flash timing hurdle......flash sure looks to help out a lot!  I know you've got patience......heck, you put up with me & my Elph questions/ignorance!!  HeHe

Guy Wire

Reaction score
I have a program that came with my Fuji digital that is really neato.
You use it to look at a "batch" of pics in a folder. It brings up thumbnails of the pics, then there is a "details" tab that shows the date/time, ISO setting, F-setting, etc, etc.

You'd be suprised at the different ISO settings the camera uses automatically.

I have used it with some EZ pics as well.

I'd be glad to "share" it.  

jayber

Reaction score
I'd be interested in it Guy Wire.  How would we "share" it......I mean how large of a program is it to transfer?

Guy Wire

Reaction score
I'll have to see how big it is once it is zipped up.
It's on my confuser at home so it'll be at least tonight before I can get to it.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Guy Wire,

I have several different programs that do that but the problem is the time and date is not correct.  I can see all the goodies but they are not right as far as the time and date.

That particular camera is not keeping time right or something.  I plan on using the other one next and seeing if it works better.

I am checking out my slave flash too to see if it is messed up before I put it back out again.

Top Bottom