Face Camoflauge

in2blacktail

Reaction score
Was wondering what you guys have used for face camoflauge..
I recently revisted spando-flauge and really like it.. No mess.. face doesn't shine in the sun, conforms to face without loose material..etc...and I can shoot really well with it.. What do you use?

Backcountry

Reaction score
I've got a special blend of VERY expensive camoflage face-paint nuggets... this is what the experts use on all the videos and on OLN TV. You can also use it as a cover scent, and even brush your teeth with it in a pinch.

I'm feeling generous, and I have a bit extra, so if you've got $29.95, I'll sell you half of my camo face paint nuggets.

Backcountry

shadow

Reaction score
Originally posted by Backcountry@Aug 15 2004, 09:20 PM
I'm feeling generous, and I have a bit extra, so if you've got $29.95, I'll sell you half of my camo face paint nuggets.

SierraFool

Reaction score
You guys dont need face paint, You have them all tied to a tree, besides just wait in the saddle and i;ll spook themk all your way.

All kidding aside just use a face cover, no mess, cool, and you dont have to wash it off or wear it all day.

Backcountry

Reaction score
[thread hijack mode = on]

SierraFool, we're having our final planning pow-wow this Tuesday night... I'll call you on Wednesday to go over our game plan and make sure we're set up in the right spot to shoot the deer you miss when they come through the saddle. Whatever happens, if you see a guy with poo on his face, he's harmless as long as you stay farther than 60 yards away.

[We now return you to the previously scheduled poo-camo thread]

Backcountry

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
I use a half (1/2) mask or Jones face paint for 'streaks' black and brown...........

in2blacktail

Reaction score
Thanks alot all knowing BC!!!
I know where you live!! Maybe I'll have to pick up some of the neighborhood girl and boy scouts and tee-pee your house.. Keep it up wise guy..
Heck!!
Maybe Sierra Fool will enjoy helping (dirty-bomb).. dog poo in a bag on the porch)..
Couple more days.. and were outa here...
See you Tuesday..

BDB

Reaction score
I used to always use headnets but I find they get in my way of a proper anchor. Probably just me and my unusual form, who knows. Now I use a little face paint to take off the shine of the white face while trying to sneak close. Yeah it's a little bit of a pain to get off but I prefer it. It also makes those field photos look so much better

I think I'll stick with what I have instead of trying BC's fancy high priced system.

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Where did you get your spando-flauge? I use coldcream based colors and they are a mess in hot weather!!

3D4ME

Reaction score
I am like BDB I use plain old face paint. I tried a head net once. Let the string go and thought I had pulled my right ear off. The way I hold the string on my face any facemask gets caught up in the string.
I do kinda like Backcountry’s product line there. Environmentally safe, hypoallergenic, and biodegradable. And you know if they use it “ON TV” it has to be good!! Backcountry you might to up the price on the product. I would hate it if you ran out and didn’t have any for yourself come hunting season.

BDB

Reaction score
Don't worry, he won't run out, he's full of it

in2blacktail

Reaction score
I bought my spando-flauge at a local Archery Shop Called Archery Only in Fremont CA.

I just flipped through Cabelas and Redhead's Archery special catalog and to my surprise they don't sell it anymore. Its been around for a while. The last few broadhead practice sessions I conducted, the spando worked like a charm with my anchor, release, hat etc. Might be different depending on the individual. The stuff is so flexable, you can pull your head through the eye area and wear it around your neck without stretching it out or damaging it. Good stuff!!

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in those nets that hang off a camo cap with the nose/eyes exposed....I've had deer and turkey walk right up on me within just a few yards. With face paint, they seem to peg me. ***thinking*** Well, maybe I was just using the wrong type of face paint ....might need to set me up with some of those fool-proof nuggets there Backcountry.

Backcountry

Reaction score
Ah jeeze... I should have kep my trap shut!

I was planning on using a loose fiting headnet; however, I thought it prudent to test the darn thing (thank goodness) so I spent a few hours at the pro-shop this afternoon shooting braodheads at 20 yards testing all my camo... boonie hat, no problem; camo gloves, no problem; camo jacket, no problem; headnet, PROBLEM...

For spome reason, the camo headnet screws up my anchor and/or causes me to cock my head a bit... the result is that I hit 2 inches to the right of the bull at 20 yards, consistantly, whereas I'm in the bull (knee deep it seems) with all my other camo gear on... this of course is unacceptable, so I'm bining the camo headnet in favor of, um, let's see... damn! I had to open my trap and be a smartass... looks like I'm either gonna be a poo-face like BDB, or turn the garage upside down and find that old compact of black-brown-green camo grease paint (I hate that stuff!).

Man, will I ever learn? What's worse, if I do ever learn, what are you guys gonna do for amusement?

Backcountry

SierraFool

Reaction score
I personally dont have a problem with the loose fitting headnets, but I do anchor at the corner of my mouth and tip of nose.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom