Face Mask or Face Paint?

Welby

Reaction score
I am thinking of trying out the camo face paint this year.  This is due in part to the fact that it is aggravating sometimes trying to either place a diaphragm caller in your mouth or work a tube call when you have a face mask on.

Do any of you use the face paint and do you recommend it?

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
I like the camo mask. I dislike face paint because I wore it so much in the military and it was so hard to clean it off my face and hands.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
I use both. Buy the creme in tubes. It comes off very easy with baby wipes.

trkyhntr

Reaction score
I use a face mask, but i have used the cream in the tubes and it does clean up easy.

MBullism

Reaction score
You guys SURE the baby wipes work that good?  I haven't tried face camo in twentey years.  The line then was to use cold creme to remove it, and I can remember the black that I had being a BEAR to remove.  Maybe the paint's changed since then...  I'd give it another try if I thought I wouldn't be wearin' it to work the following monday - lol

M

PowDuck

Reaction score
Definitely a mask. No paint for me anymore and here's why:

Was looking in different discount stores one day for some type of hunting accessory (like always) and I noticed people looking at me in all three stores I had been to. Finally at the third store checkout line my nose started to itch. When I took my hand down after scratching it I noticed my finger was black.

You guessed it...I usually remove my camo paint when I get home from the woods but today I went straight to the stores before going home. I had forgotten to remove my camo face paint before going shopping. :surprised-purple:

Needless to say, I haven't worn face paint since.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
Yes the camo cremes do come off easy and yes the wipes work. The wetter the wipe the better. I use Wet Ones. They are about $1.78 a jar at Walmart. The jar is small enough to fit under a truckseat.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Mask for me,in the spring those daggum no skeeters pester me to death.

Possum

Reaction score
Yes, the new camo is water-based.  Finger on - wipe off.  Face mask for me.  Mosquitos and gnats.  It took me a few seasons to get used to the face masks but I finally got it.  Used to wear the hat with the mask attached.  Now just a 3/4 mask.

Tominator

Reaction score
I use the mask as well for convenience and time saving. I usually hunt right after or right before work so the mask is easier.
Tominator

Fubar

Reaction score
I like the Quaker Boy Bandito half mask. This doesnt go over your head and you dont have to take your hat off every time you want it out of the way. Just pull it up or down.            Fubar

russ

Reaction score
I like to double up myself mask with camo paint around my eyes.And dont like gloves so I'll paint my hands also.And the wet wipes work good on removeing camo paint.Also I always carry wet wipes with me when I'm small game or deer hunting.Pull one of them out after your buddie just field dressed a deer you'll be an instant hero_Or better yet on one of those hunting trips when the grub has been great.Then you know half way to the tree stand the dreaded bellie rumble.Well there aint no better job I found yet for them wet wipes.Dont leave home without them!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I started out with the face paint and eventually went to the haed net. It was a matter of convienence. The head net is a lot faster putting on and taking off. I always have a spare around in case I loose one or a partner forgets one.

Powduck >> That had to be a sight.

Fubar >> I like the Quaker Boy full face, with the flexible metal rim so I can shape it around my eyes. The reason for the full face is I like to put my hat on the ground with my call (slate, striker, box call) in it. I also think the bill of your hat is too notice-able when viewed from the side profile. Know what I mean?

Wild Turk

Reaction score
Both have their good points and bad.  I have made the mistake of going into a Gas station or restaurant with face paint on.  You get some interesting looks!!

Face masks are easy, but it it hard to blow a locator call or put in a diaphram call with them.  I tend to use a facemask with a little camo paint on the bridge of my nose.  Maybe the turks can see the white patch between my eyes, maybe not.  I dont want to take the chance.  Those suckers have great eyesight and seem to get spookier every year!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom