Fashion Statement at the Refuge

huntducks

Reaction score
There were several topic below that got me thinking about the kind of money guys spend to duck hunt, if you have spent this kind of money please explane to me I don't understand.

first of all $250 wadders, choke tubes that cost $100 $1000 autos that someone puts another $500 in gunsmithing, if 1 or 2 spiners are good 10 must be better, decoys that cost $25 ea. and you can have no less then 3doz. $150 dollar custom duck calls W/ $50 custom hand braided lanyards, 5 differn't sets of Camo outfits all matching,$200 a pair Oakley sun glasses, $75 safari shirts that say DU on it, $300 boots you ware from the check station to the parking lot to put your wadders on, mud stools that cost $70 dollars, Swarovski pocket bino that cost $700.

I'm sure I forgot a few things.

There are some things you don't go cheap on waterproof hunting jackets, socks, shells, but the rest are up for debate.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
huntducks- I saw their deer hunting brothers out in D11 this weekend. I wish I owned Cabelas!!        Scott

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
I do not have that kind of stuff but if someone has the means and desire to own that kind of equipment I do not believe they need to explain themselves.

uhunter

Reaction score
Well you didnt see me, i was the one with $35 waders. Ya i think some guys go to the extreme, but i do believe that is better in the long run to by good equipment that fits the job. But i do know if i had a pair of $500 pair of binos i would spend more time trying to protect and not lose them then i would on hunting.

Soccer Dad

Reaction score
Are those the same people that have 4x4's and the only dirt their tires go on is to pull off of Gray Lodge's main road into a parking lot!  Yeah, and they probably have automatic tranny's and leather seats in their trucks...I mean, Sport Ute's.
I guess if you have the money......Why not!

huntducks

Reaction score
I don't really Care what anyone wears, and if they have the means that's fine too, I don't think you kill anymore ducks then the next guy who has $35 dollar waders or a 870 and pair of cheap Simmons, along with some G&H decoys, and a $20 duck call tied around his neck with a shoe string. but if you think it takes thousands to hunt ducks man are you wrong.

I put this up for a few hehe's and maybe a few others that have seen the same and a chuckel or two.

First thing I did when I got my new truck was throw a brick across hood so I would not have to worry about getting it scratched hehehe.

steve

Reaction score
You forgot the $75. an ounce mosquito juice by ralph lauren

WingSetter

Reaction score
Damm Kid,

Positive you won't be used for the poster child on a DU cover.  It's on Saturday.  later

Latest Posts

Top Bottom