Faster Camera

whitetailfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea of a camera that will take a picture faster than the Canon Owl PF?? I like the PF but the only drawback is the time it takes to charge the capacitor for the flash. I think someone had mentioned the Owl AF but what drawbacks are there to using this cam?? Less flash, I think?!? Anyways, just let me know.

davered1

Reaction score
the older AF (slide switch) is the fastest canon camera .the flash is still ample with 400 film it ranges about 22'.

These are QUICK cameras, and a s far as I have seen have no drawback. I think the slow flash on PF is more a drawback the the 30' range is worth.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi WTF,
Well, if you can lay your hands on one - an Olympus Infinity Jr is quick.  As davered mentioned, the slide-switch Owl is faster, as is the "round-dial" Owl (not as fast as the slide-switch model though).
Fuji AF's are pretty quick and the Elph LT - but some of them need a "wake-up" to keep them active.

It takes some reading, but if you review the past posts you'll find home-brewers who use several different cams - you could e-mail 'em and ask what their results have been.
Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom