Fat Cat

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
That is straight out of the corner of the garage. I hadn't even hosed the spider webs off yet. The gas tank is a mess but salvageable and we shall see about the carb as time allows. It has not been started in over 10 years. It is leaving here Sunday to a new home.

Purchased new in 1988 (1987 year model) and I never even wore the tire mold bumps off the tires. It has been to Idaho 3 times and to a few rivers in California and then I bought a quad.
Both racks are from other bikes and then modified to fit the Fat Cat. Not even a crack in the seat or any cracks in the tires.

D8hntr

Reaction score
Yup, I remember those. Used to have one. Great for putting the trails in the mts. IMO better than a Trail 90. Sold it to a buddy in 2010-11. I wouldn't mind having another one. I look em up now and then and haven't seen one for under $2k.

D8hntr

Reaction score
I did the same thing you did. I parked it for a quad. I don't have any toys right now. Used to have a scary fast CR250R too. Miss my toys. Lol.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
On a couple of trips to Idaho my hunting buddy had a trail 90. The trail 90 would get so much mud on the tires it would not move. The Fat Cat with a 200 cc engine and more clearance did not have that issue. I changed to quads in about 2002 when I got tired of dealing with the black ice and snow. There are very few trails in Idaho or California that are motorcycle only. The advantage to having a motorcycle is it is easier to transport and if you have two people taking a quad and a motorcycle works well as long as you don't encounter a bunch of black ice.
I rarely ride either for "pleasure" the quads or motorcycle are strictly for transportation to and from a hunting or fishing destination. That is why they have very few hours on them. My 2005 Honda Rancher only has about 2500 miles and still has the original tires. Now both the Rancher and the Fat Cat are in someone else's garage. I only have my 2016 Polaris 2 up 570 in my garage.
At some point I may buy a UTV that can carry 4 people but I will need to be sure the grandsons like hunting and that there is a need to carry more than 2 people.

Top Bottom