Fatal shark attack off north San Diego county beach

Hartseeker

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352603,00.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
SOLANA BEACH, Calif. — A male triathlete swimmer was killed Friday morning in a gruesome and violent shark attack at a San Diego County beach.

The male victim — one of a group of triathlete swimmers training in the ocean — was pulled into shore, but efforts by medics to revive him failed, Deputy Fire Chief Dismas Abelman told FOX News.

Witnesses reported seeing the victim's leg severed at the knee.

"He had very severe injuries to both legs," Abelman told FOX. He said the wound was a single bite across both legs.

A marine biologist told a beachside news conference Friday that the animal was "almost certainly a great white shark."[/b]
Makes me want to rush out on my kayak for a little yellowtail fishing.

YORT40

Reaction score
My brother who lives in Del Mar, said the shark's are migrating right now and Thrasher shark fishing has been good. So maybe 20 swimming bodies in black wetsuits 150 yards off shore look too much like a group seals. It must have been horrible for everyone involved.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score

Heil NO!! That is why all my triathlons have been in a pool or lake...Land mammal here, nothing for me in the oceans...unless I can bring a bigazz gun and a couple of grenades with me, I'm staying inland...yep, I have a deep fear/respect for the great white

foulshot

Reaction score
I remember seeing all the sharks off La Jolla when I'd go surfing down there. There is always that chance when you are in the ocean.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom