Favorite Coyote Caliber & Why

A

Ashley Wolf

With all the wildcats on the market,What is your favorite gun for popping coyotes? I like the 243.Don't have to track em, but don't have any full body mounts either.Any HDPC or Riverside Rebels visit this site.Jesse has done a great job.

(Edited by Ashley Wolf at 10:11 pm on June 27, 2001)

Fubar

Reaction score
I would have to vote for 243 also. If its windy it works better than the smaller rounds. A little more recoil than 223 or 22-250. The smaller rounds might be better for squirrels though.          Fubar

Kevin

Reaction score
I`m a fur guy so I hunt with a .222 and a .17 needle gun.
Tiny holes and few to no stitches.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Ashley. I'm glad you found us and stopped by for a visit. Maybe you can post the info about the High Desert Predator Callers and Rebels so that anyone who wants to learn more about varmint hunting can contact them.

Don't forget to show off some of your varmint hunting pics too.

Fubar

Reaction score
I forgot tp mention I have a Thompson Contender in 223, I like it a lot but it is harder to shoot than a rifle. I cant make shots as far as a rifle. Its loud but fun.             Fubar

S

Spring

Kevin.

It's an old Savage 340. It has a scope with some obscure name. Got a deal on it.

like I said, it works.

Cheers!

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
I would have to say the 22-250. It has got plenty of power and plenty of loads, sierras 60 grain HP makes huge holes soft ball sized, nosler 55 grain Ballistic tips do Alot of internal damage I havent had one exit yet, Hpmatch bullets quarter sized exits. I havent bought one yet, but the 257 weatherby mag sounds pretty good to.

B

Bustayote

I shoot a 243 with Speer 70 grain T-N-T or Nosler 70gr. Ballistic tip and I never loose a coyote and I have minimal fur damage!

Fubar

Reaction score
Bustayote  243 is my favorite too. Welcome to the Forum.                 Fubar

Fubar

Reaction score
wildlifedesigner   I didnt see you come into the Forum. Welcome.               Fubar

Kevin

Reaction score
With the smaller calibers you can take a fox or a cat without blowing them up.
You just never know what`s going to come to the call.

Archer1

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be whatever I'am holding when I see them but for night hunting I like a .222/.223 and for day time hunting either a .222 .223 or a 25.06 or a .240 wby for those long shots and a shotgun always comes in handy

DRAKECALLER

Reaction score
My favorite would be a 243 win.  because  with a 70 grn. balistic tip  it shoots flat and still has enough pop to  leave a nice gaping exit wound.    A 22-250  is nice also.  But like Archer said whatever you got in your hands when you see them  suckers is great !!!  
A shotgun slug kills em dead as well as some lead BB"s... its all good when it comes to  varmint hunting !!

Ponscm

Reaction score
I don't have another rifle, so I use the lowest possible load for my .30-06.  It is a great way to stay familiar with my gun in the off-season.

hunter

Reaction score
well for me i use a parker 35 bow anything closer than 35 yards is toast with the help of a clear shot. my other fav is a rem 522 viper .22 accuracy is key on both.
note on the bow, my dad asked me how many arrows does it take to kill a yote, i said 1 if you drop it and 4 if you chase it. hahahahaha.
good hunting

Latest Posts

Top Bottom