Favorite duck call

Phil

Reaction score
What duck call are you taking to the blind with you? I bought a new Buck Gardner Pocket rocket and the new Lares Hybrid that I can't wait to try out. They both sound great!

rcrosby

Reaction score
I've got an Echo XLT and my favorite the Buck Gardners Double Nasty. I have about 5 other calls that cost 5 times as much but personally I love the sound and how easy the Double Nasty is to blow.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Million calls......Haydels DR85.... It just sounds the duckiest....$14.95

montana13

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huntin' Foo' @ Oct 20 2006, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Lares A-5...sweet music![/b]

Lares A-5 also gets my vote for the premium category! Under the less expensive category, I like the Original Duck Commander as well. Since I liked the Original, I bought an upgraded Duck Commander and was severly disappointed. It had problems working from the get go. I should have returned it, but I'm too lazy.

I also have the Lares JJL S call for specks and snow geese. Man is that call easy to blow.

Tom Petterson

Reaction score
Iverson Old style is the only way to go. It has a low tone that is not like the other screamers in the pond. Just got back in from the morning hunt didn't go quite as planed but my dad and I managed 1 drak mallard 1 ruddy duck 1 sponey and 4 cacklers the big honks gust did not fly where i thought they would and missed us by 100yards. THe cacks landed in the deaks.

GB Jack

Reaction score
the one that stays in the guys next to you pocket, I HATE duck calls, all they do is flare birds unless they are REALLY freesh!

Slosher

Reaction score
I would have said my RNT original, but it is in Stuttgart along with the Daisy Cutter I blew all last year. I managed to tweak them both right before the opener and could not cut a reed for either that I was satisfied with, so I quickly bought another original on EBAY for the opener. I apologize to the other guys around me yesterday. Yes, that high pitched hoink you heard every once in awhile was me trying to break that thing free. The echo I carry does not stick, neither does the Daisy cutter, but when she's right, the original RNT sounds so good, and can sound like so many different ducks top to bottom, but it sure is a pain for a spitter like me when I lock it up. Maybe if I pin a dollar bill on my jacket to get under the reed real quick...

quackerjacks

Reaction score
Birds really responded to the call at Wister on opening day. Don't know how it will be later in the season. I had a buddy of mine call in his first ducks. I was walking back to the blind when I see two mallards heading away from the blind. I stop and hear two simple "quack-quacks" from behind the tules and the two mallards hook and sail into the deeks. Two shots and a drake falls. He's been practicing on his Echo Timber.

Mike H.

[attachment=34650:attachment]

Attachments

Top Bottom