Favorite Gun Lubricant?

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
SC1.jpg If you just want to protect the finish on dip coated guns this is a real good product. I hit my reloaded shells with a light coat of this stuff, for a factory new look. What you want to stay away from is Brake Parts Cleaner on dipped guns. I normally use TriFlow to lube my guns, but next time I'll give the G 96 a try.

ReddingGuy

Reaction score
No love for the ole Hope Number 9? Been using it for awhile, and seems to work decent. I’ve never tried others so I cant comment any comparability.

I would be interested in seeing if anyone has had the opportunity to compare it with others though.

Sawfish

Reaction score
I have been using a product called BoeShield for a number of years. Originally developed by Boeing for the aerospace industry, it penetrates the metal drying to a grease less wax and absolutely prevents rust. Absolutely as in protecting a blued Sako rifle from a weeks worth of salt spray on an Alaskan bear hunt, and protecting dive knives from 2 weeks soaking in the Caribbean. Available from Brownells gunsmithing, and your local bicycle shop among others.

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
My Dad used Hoppe's #9 when I was a kid. You never forget the unique smell of that stuff. I think it is still one of the best bore cleaners. The one downsides of that SC1 is your gun smells like a cheap used car after you coat it.

quaildeath

Reaction score
The thicker hoppes for slides and action dabs...cause I have it.
Rem Oil too...more for shottys.

Sawfish

Reaction score
No denying the distinctive fragrance of Hoppe's. It will always have a place on my bench, even though there are some products that I may use more frequently. The smell of Hoppe's and Outers instantly remind me of raindrops pelting the decoys as my Dad and I huddle together in the blind waiting for the last mallards to strafe the dekes before quitting time.

Planetcat

Reaction score
If we are going to talk about cleaning solutions, Shooter’s Choice is my go to.

Top Bottom