favorite rods and reels

Fubar

Reaction score
What are you favorite rods and reels and what do you use them for?
I grew up with Sabre, Fenwick,Harnel,Conolon and truline, just to name a few. The newer rods I have that I like are Calstar Graphighter.
My friend has some Penn rods. Penn bought out the old Sabre company. They are inexpensive and very nice.
I have used Penn reels all my life and they have served me well. I find them easy to work on and maintain. My buddy uses shimano reels and has very good luck with them.
What do you use?                 Fubar

waldo2382

Reaction score
Let's see, I have about 15 rods, they are a mix of calstars and trulines matched up with P and some G series Newells and a couple tiburoned out 4/0s and 6/0s. There is also a TLD30 in the bunch. all of my tackle has treated me good for catching everything from sandies to stripers and salmon to 100 pound yellowfin along with a bunch of other fishies mixed in.

d trees

Reaction score
Well a couple of my everyday favs are

1. fenwick lb 965 with Newell p-229
2.Calstar 270 8ft hvy Newell p-332
3.sabre 670 7ft with Newell  p-338
prolly the one's I use the most.d

hronk

Reaction score
I still use my old sabres from 25 too 80 lb with a couple oof newer Seekers thrown in.  My reels ar 220's 229's 338's (all older models) and Penns.  I'm thinking about getting a Penn kg15 but not sure if I need a 2 speed for my 5 day and under trips or not......hronk

hronk

Reaction score
What should I bring for the White Sea Bass....hronk

THBailey

Reaction score
I have an old pair of Harnels with 4/0 Senators that I am partial to.  Dad bought them for he and I in 1959 and we have caught more than a few salmon with them.

Top Bottom