Favorite turkey call?

camo snob

Reaction score
What is your favorite turkey call? and Why?

jkvshooter

Reaction score
I like the H.S. RASPY HEN diaphram call. No movement required when bow hunting and it is very easy to regulate how loud you can call. I also think you can get a much more realistic cut out of a diaphram call. Clucks, purrs, etc.

Brettski

Reaction score
I picked up the glass witch slate call last year and I love it, I had to go through a few slate calls to find the one I liked best, and on a "dry" day this is the call I go to, it doesnt work well at all if it's misty or raining out, but for a slate call it sounds great and takes little practice to replicate the calls

Sleepy

Reaction score
I have a primos slate call which i love. It came with two strikers, a solid one and the second is a split back. I perfer the solid striker because i can control the volume easier and i rarely get a missed or un-natural call. I'm in the business right now of getting the diaphram call mastered... FAR, and i mean FAR from it, but ask me the same question next year and i may perfer the diaphram...

skeeterbait

Reaction score
I have a pair of Cody II's, glass and slate, that are my primary use calls.

But my favorite calls I no longer use. I have a pair of 40+ year old Lynch boxes that were handed down to me 30 years ago. I used them for several years but have taken them out of service and they now reside atop my mantle.

PIGIG

Reaction score
SLAM THE DOOR then run after em

Lumpy

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with any of Hook's calls, easy to blow and all turkey!!!!!!!!!
Executioner and Seducer are tough to beat!!!!!
God Bless

camo snob

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lumpy @ Feb 8 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You can't go wrong with any of Hook's calls, easy to blow and all turkey!!!!!!!!![/b]

Just so happens my last name is Hooks, no kid'n. I'll definitely be purchasing some of his calls.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
The ones I used to call in my first and my last bird. Those are the ones I remember the most.

Metdawg44

Reaction score
My favorite is a Primos box (paddle) call. It's called the Lil' Heartbreaker. It has a really rich, true sound. I used to use a mouth call but it wore out and I can't find one that duplicates that sound for me and I can't remember what brand it was
I've got the slate calls as well but the paddle is my favorite.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Wingbone yelper cuz not many use them and the turkeys can't help but answer back. You can get extra mojo by using a wingbone from a dead relative of the turkey you're trying to let the air out of too.

Kelp... kelp ........ kelp...................

billrob

Reaction score
Primos diamond yelper, cutter and double diamond, 3 other primos can't remember what they are called because I threw away the paper that came with them, 1 H.S. Strut Gold premium flex and One Quaker Boy.
Well the Quaker Boy was my favorite but didn't survive the dryer when I washed my camos.
They will all sound like a yelping dog hit by a car if you try hard enough. It really gets people looking around. I pratice in my car alot and have fun with them.
I like the double diamond it's raspy.

Once I do get a bird I will try to make a wingbone, I have heard from many accross the Country including spctr17 in this thread that they are the ticket.

Hopefully I'll learn something at the warm up on the 24th.

Top Bottom