Fawn in Rut?

gizz

Reaction score
Didn't know the little guys rutted. Look how he's all puffed up. I edited the 1st and 3rd pictures to highlight the licking branch. The pics are in order they were taken.
This is unreal as I didn't know that fawn bucks "rutted". Hmmm, i wonder if he got any?:love:

(Edited by gizz at 6:13 pm on Nov. 27, 2001)

wapiti

Reaction score
I have rattled in button bucks before, hair standing on end and everything.  I guess a little testosterone can go a long way.  I also had a button buck trying to breed a doe come by me once, she was walking he was trying, I thought from a distance it was a two headed deer!

gizz

Reaction score
:rofl
That had to be an odd sight.
Guess we all gotta our kicks now and then!

Bob R

Reaction score
I agree with stringshooter.  He sure is a fat little dude.  I am surprised by the size of the neck.  The yearlings I see aren't nearly that size.

Interesting pics.

Welby

Reaction score
Alright Gizz, I want my camera in your neck of the woods.  Who else gets all this kind of stuff??

That is so funny!  I mean he's "all puffed up".

LOL

Keep 'em coming!

jayber

Reaction score
Funny I should happen upon your story & pics today.  My dad shot what he thought was a big doe yesterday.  Well, when he walked up to it he discovered that it was a button-buck.  Upon registering it, the biologist told him that it was a 1.5 year old.  I've seen spikes like that, but never a button.  Told my dad that probably a good one to get rid of!

(Edited by jayber at 10:39 am on Nov. 30, 2001)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Welby,

Gizz lives in the "West Virginia" of Pennsylvania.  All kinds of in-breeding and weird things going on up there.  

Haven't you seen Gizz's self pic.  He's a little green guy with things sticken out of the back of his head.

Todd

gizz

Reaction score
Hey Todd? :moon:

Better be careful, wvhunter and I will mix up a batch of moonshine and head on in to the city to open up a can of whoop#@$% on ya!
:laff-2-awe:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom