FeatherRiver WildlifeArea

buckkillerdeluxe

Reaction score
I took a trip up to the Feather Rivdr Wildlife Area few weeks ago and was amazed at the amount of animals I saw there.

I am curious if anyone has hunted there during quail or dove season: Does it get a lot of pressure and do the animals hang around there during the season?

I was there on 2 seperate occasions early in the morning and saw tons of quail, a few doves, cottontails, coyotes and several deer. Is this a hidden gem or does it get pounded during the hunting seasons?

Any info would be greatly appreciated/ also looking for a hunting partner if it is worth going.

BigDaddyB

Reaction score
Is this a large area? I've hunted a public area that stradles the Feather River, but its only a few hundred acres. It's adjacent to the So. East Fremont Weir. Both of these properties are west of Sacto airport along the river.
I hunted the weir before the DFG fot their hands on it and turned it into a public hunt by drawing only. There are deer in there and quail along with pheasant.
If this is the same area, I'd be up for hunting there with you.
I use to go up there and stay with a good friend that lived in Fair Oaks, unfortunately, he just lost a battle with lymphoma. We had some awesome times hunting these grounds.

tony270

Reaction score
Are you talking about the Oroville State Wildlife Area, 11,000 acre?

buckkillerdeluxe

Reaction score
Nope the Oroville Wildlife Area is a seperate area. The FWA is comprised of 3 or 4 seperate parcels that total about 2500 acres. It lies just south of Yuba City/Marysville on either side of the Feather River. It is shotgun and archery only and you can find a map of the area on dfg's website under state recreation areas.

BigDaddyB- putting together a hunt sounds like fun...maybe I can see how Sadie works...that would be a blast.

Top Bottom