Feathers & All Taxidermy in Colorado.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Interesting post on Taxidermy.net about Feathers & All Taxidermy of Colorado and possible fraud and theft of mount pics. Caveat emptor it seems with this outfit.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/

Taxidermy Fraud & Pic Theft by feathersandall.com

Submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/18/02. ( ) 207.225.16.117

Darwin of Feathersandall.com YOU HAVE BEEN BUSTED!
On May 15, 2002 Mr. Darwin of Feathersandall taxidermy posted in the WANTED forums : Wanted: Wholesale Turkey & Bird Work. I was interested so I went to his website at : http://www.feathersandall.com/ I clicked on his photo gallery and looked through the pictures of his work. The first turkey gobbling photo made me laugh because I knew it was a photo of a LIVE bird that was superimposed over a different background. The other turkeys in his gallery did look like mounts, with consistent paint jobs, photography and poor feather detail. After viewing his site, I responded to his post in the WANTED FORUMS on May 16, 2002 : Here is a copy of my post.

?

This response submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/16/02. ( thoran85@hotmail.com ) 207.225.16.66

Went to your website... Why do you have a picture of a LIVE turkey gobbling in your mount gallery? The other birds are clearly mounts ( poorly done in my opinion) but then you have a picture of a LIVE turkey. I asked around and was told you don't have a staff working at your studio or have had employees in the last 6 months. What gives? Please don't take the visitors to Tax.net as fools. Having pictures of your work is one thing, but to have pictures of LIVE birds is a bit much.

On May 17, 2002 Darwin responded with this post:

Fooled you Brian Brewer

This response submitted by Darwin on 5/17/02. ( Darwin@feathersandall.com ) 64.91.210.223

"Look real close Brian. That is a mount overlayed on a background. By the way that turkey now lives in a taxidermy shop in Idaho, and as far as we know it hasn't moved in inch in 3 years.

We do appreciate you being so adamant about that bird being live, maybe our turks are not "poorly done" after all.
D. "

The same day I responded again, being extremely appalled with this guys nerve:

Sure

This response submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/17/02. ( ) 207.225.16.117

"You may have fooled yourself and a few others, but not I. Why does that "so called mount" look so different then your other turkey mounts. The paint job on all your other mounts looks very painted and the feather work looks messy, but this so called mount is just super in every way.If you could produce that picture of that turkey " mount" standing on a table, without the pasted in background, ( which BTW I knew that was a pasted in background) that would be most interesting. I'm sure that is not the only photo of that mount.Why does the other gobbling turkey look very mounted? AND, why do you keep referring yourself as "staff" or "our" and "we"? All I'm asking is for honesty. "

After all this, I did my homework......
Knowing that the first gobbling turkey was a photo of a real bird, I looked around the internet and low and behold I found the turkey picture he stole. It is off the front page of the National Wild Turkey Federation Iowa Chapter website. Here is a link : http://www.iowanwtf.com/ I then figured some of HIS other so called mounts were also subject to suspicion. He has a Coyote in his gallery that he has stolen from Simpson Taxidermy : http://www.simpsontaxidermy.com/sm8-coyote.jpg He copied the picture flipped the picture around and darkened the photo, then added a pasted in background. If you look closely at each Coyote its very clear that it is the same Coyote with base removed. The hair markings are the same as well as the angle of the photo.....geez its just the same mount.

What really chaps my A$$ the most is this: The guy clearly has taken photos that are not his....... is questioned about the matter and then has the audacity to still throw it
back in my face! Well Darwin, I think you'd better take a "LOOK REAL CLOSE" at what you are trying to do for a living! I for one wouldn't touch your business with a ten foot pole. There's no guessing what you are capable of doing in your world. All I asked for was honesty and all I got was double FRAUD! Well this is one case that I think it's safe to say..... You are a liar. I will be contacting the real owners of the photos, from there its a matter between you and them. Taxidermy Net is not a place for people like you I hope.

Last thing....... I took this quote off the Simpson taxidermy site, where Darwin stole the picture from........

"All images on this site are the product of my own hard work and no image or text may be copied without my express written consent. Don't be one of those lame taxidermists that tries to fool potential customers by passing the work of others off as your own. Have some pride & learn to do quality work of your own."

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Interesting post on Taxidermy.net about Feathers & All Taxidermy of Colorado and possible fraud and theft of mount pics. The guy seems to be soliciting for turkey work so caveat emptor it seems with this outfit.

http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/

Taxidermy Fraud & Pic Theft by feathersandall.com

Submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/18/02. ( ) 207.225.16.117

Darwin of Feathersandall.com YOU HAVE BEEN BUSTED!
On May 15, 2002 Mr. Darwin of Feathersandall taxidermy posted in the WANTED forums : Wanted: Wholesale Turkey & Bird Work. I was interested so I went to his website at : http://www.feathersandall.com/ I clicked on his photo gallery and looked through the pictures of his work. The first turkey gobbling photo made me laugh because I knew it was a photo of a LIVE bird that was superimposed over a different background. The other turkeys in his gallery did look like mounts, with consistent paint jobs, photography and poor feather detail. After viewing his site, I responded to his post in the WANTED FORUMS on May 16, 2002 : Here is a copy of my post.

?

This response submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/16/02. ( thoran85@hotmail.com ) 207.225.16.66

Went to your website... Why do you have a picture of a LIVE turkey gobbling in your mount gallery? The other birds are clearly mounts ( poorly done in my opinion) but then you have a picture of a LIVE turkey. I asked around and was told you don't have a staff working at your studio or have had employees in the last 6 months. What gives? Please don't take the visitors to Tax.net as fools. Having pictures of your work is one thing, but to have pictures of LIVE birds is a bit much.

On May 17, 2002 Darwin responded with this post:

Fooled you Brian Brewer

This response submitted by Darwin on 5/17/02. ( Darwin@feathersandall.com ) 64.91.210.223

"Look real close Brian. That is a mount overlayed on a background. By the way that turkey now lives in a taxidermy shop in Idaho, and as far as we know it hasn't moved in inch in 3 years.

We do appreciate you being so adamant about that bird being live, maybe our turks are not "poorly done" after all.
D. "

The same day I responded again, being extremely appalled with this guys nerve:

Sure

This response submitted by Brian Brewer on 5/17/02. ( ) 207.225.16.117

"You may have fooled yourself and a few others, but not I. Why does that "so called mount" look so different then your other turkey mounts. The paint job on all your other mounts looks very painted and the feather work looks messy, but this so called mount is just super in every way.If you could produce that picture of that turkey " mount" standing on a table, without the pasted in background, ( which BTW I knew that was a pasted in background) that would be most interesting. I'm sure that is not the only photo of that mount.Why does the other gobbling turkey look very mounted? AND, why do you keep referring yourself as "staff" or "our" and "we"? All I'm asking is for honesty. "

After all this, I did my homework......
Knowing that the first gobbling turkey was a photo of a real bird, I looked around the internet and low and behold I found the turkey picture he stole. It is off the front page of the National Wild Turkey Federation Iowa Chapter website. Here is a link : http://www.iowanwtf.com/ I then figured some of HIS other so called mounts were also subject to suspicion. He has a Coyote in his gallery that he has stolen from Simpson Taxidermy : http://www.simpsontaxidermy.com/sm8-coyote.jpg He copied the picture flipped the picture around and darkened the photo, then added a pasted in background. If you look closely at each Coyote its very clear that it is the same Coyote with base removed. The hair markings are the same as well as the angle of the photo.....geez its just the same mount.

What really chaps my A$$ the most is this: The guy clearly has taken photos that are not his....... is questioned about the matter and then has the audacity to still throw it
back in my face! Well Darwin, I think you'd better take a "LOOK REAL CLOSE" at what you are trying to do for a living! I for one wouldn't touch your business with a ten foot pole. There's no guessing what you are capable of doing in your world. All I asked for was honesty and all I got was double FRAUD! Well this is one case that I think it's safe to say..... You are a liar. I will be contacting the real owners of the photos, from there its a matter between you and them. Taxidermy Net is not a place for people like you I hope.

Last thing....... I took this quote off the Simpson taxidermy site, where Darwin stole the picture from........

"All images on this site are the product of my own hard work and no image or text may be copied without my express written consent. Don't be one of those lame taxidermists that tries to fool potential customers by passing the work of others off as your own. Have some pride & learn to do quality work of your own."

Top Bottom