Felt Recoil Reduction

Melvin

Reaction score
I put a Pachmar recoil pad on my 1895G and am quite satisfied with the reduction in felt recoil. However I could not find one for my A Bolt 300WSM so I put on a Limbsaver pad. I went to the range with it on for the first time, shot a box of homerolls wearing a T shirt and am amazed at how well it reduces felt recoil. Once the scope just touched my eye so I had to remind myself to hold on. I do like Pachmar but would highly recommend Limbsaver recoil pads.

scr83jp

Reaction score
FYI a properly mounted scope should never contact your eye socket.There are rings available to cure the problem of eye socket injury.Brownells has a set of Redfield extension rings on page 287 of catalog #56 but you can also check in the MidwayUSA catalog #2 for Leupold extended rings on page 516.

3D4ME

Reaction score
Melvin;

I also put a Sims pad on my Browning 300WSM. This with the Boss installed and it shoots just like my .308 Remmington. I also have a Sims pad on my turkey gun. It makes those 3” Mags feel like field loads. I highly recommend this recoil pad to anybody who needs one.

Dave in LB

Reaction score
I put a Limsaver on my Marlin guide gun in 45-70 and it made a huge difference in shooting off the bench. I also am putting one on a rifle stock for the .338 win mag I am putting together. I sure hope it's enough for that beast
and I'm not overly recoil sensative.

PoorAim

Reaction score
Another big fan of the Sims here.

I put one on my 30-06, and now the felt recoil is nothing at all.
I think their claim of 50% reduction is pretty close.

-PA

larrysogla

Reaction score
What material is the Limbsaver made of??? Have heard so much good reports about it, sounds really fantastic. Am thinking of having the barrel ported by a gunsmith on my Marlin 45-70 rifle to control the horrendous muzzle flip(loaded with Garrett 420 grns. Super Hardcast Hammerheads +P, it jumps out of my hand no matter how tight I hold it). Maybe limbsaver will tame the beastly recoil.
God Bless. larrysogla.

BradCa

Reaction score
I put a Limbsaver on my A-Bolt 30-06 and had similar results as those listed above.

Top Bottom