Females and Bad Timing

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
I am sitting here running on virtually no sleep, so I can't be blame for anything I post today. :crazeye:  That darn female Chocolate of mine was due on Saturday. About midnight last night I turn off the TV (movie just ended) and start to go to sleep when I hear the soft whining of puppies - fresh from the oven - through the open bedroom window. So I throw on tennies and shorts and go running out back with my flashlight. There under the dogs' favorite bush is Ace, my female, with 4 little ones and my male bouncing around like a jumping bean. Now I have to climb under the bush (I am scratched for head to waist from the bush) to get the puppies and get them to the whelping box along with mom. Between this time and 4 AM she drops 3 more. She hasn't had any labor contractions for about an hour, so I decide to go back to bed and catch a couple of hours sleep. No luck - I finally fall asleep at 5:15 and the alarm goes off at 5:30. So I march outside to check on mom and the pups - big surprise there are 2 more. The litter was 2 males & 7 females; all are chocolate, healthy and LOUD. :roll-wink-green:   I am amazed how attentive female dogs are even on a first litter. Tommorrow I drop the puppies at the vet for dew claw removal, so I get a half days reprieve before a long weekend.  This is one of those times you get to prove you love your dog at least half as much as it does you.  :sunglasses-yellow:

huntducks

Reaction score
A Job well done:toast-yellow:

I've been there and done that, but never again:crazeye::hammer:

Have fun.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom