FHL Elk Military Elk Hunt?

DAQ80

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions regarding the FHL Military Elk Hunts, and I'm hoping some of you guys can help me out. In 2012 I applied and didn't draw, which would have given me a point for 2013. I didn't apply in 2013 due to being deployed, do i still have that point for 2014 or do i miss out due to not applying last year?

I'm also trying to understand the new pricing and app requirements. The site lists a $50 Elk Only App Fee, and it says points will not be awarded if you dont draw and if you do the $50 will be applied to your permit, I'm assuming that is for guys that don't want to buy a hunting permit up front. So if i buy a 2014 hunting permit for $100 (I'm an active duty Chief in the Navy), and submit an Elk app I shouldnt have to pay the $50 to apply for the Elk hunt correct? Or do i need to fork over $150 just to apply and hope to get a point.

Thanks ahead time.

Navy SWO

Reaction score
The $50 fee is if you don't plan on hunting FHL for anything other than elk and don't want to pay for a permit. To apply this year you can either pay $50 (and not get a point if not drawn) or $100, get a permit that is good for the entire season and a point if you aren't drawn. If you do the $50 option and get drawn you will also need to pay the remaining $50 for the annual hunting permit. I don't know if your point will carry over, their info does not cover the situation. I would give them a call and ask.

DAQ80

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom