FHL Elk

deckhand

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to draw Hunt 450 which is the Antlerless Elk hunt at the base Oct 8th....I also got the A33.....so for about 4 days i will have an either sex deer tag and an elk tag.....yikes....yeah, I know....any info on these hunts?....I know the base well but have not been there in that time frame....late season that is...

Good luck to all this season!

Scott :JHO rocks:

DeadNuts

Reaction score
If you are using a bow, I have seen both in TA29. I took an A-24 doe from 29 last year.

deckhand

Reaction score
Aprreciate it!

Thanks for the reply.....I was about 55 yards from that bull that was hollering in the mornings down in 29....I was closer to all of his girl friends too....I was trying to figure out what other areas are holding generally....I seriously spend too much time in the south end of the base.
I will be up there on the stick and string opener... I am driving a green 95 Isuzu Rodeo...pretty much the only one up there...drop by for some "shootin the breeze" if you have the time....

Scott

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
I had a Archery Antlerless tag in 2007. Me and another person harvest an elk. People try to hard to chase and put a stock on the herd. find animals in smaleer herds or better yet 1 or 2 by it self. I always hunt the A33 or A24. Dont care to hunt the general season unless I dont draw a tag. I'll drew a A33 this year and will be hunting with my wife during the 1st day. Then I'll be hunting with abuddy during the opener of the A24. For me meat is meat with or without horns. I'll chase a buck if I run into one but I'll shoot the 1st mature animal that will give me a shot. I normally camp out in the back in a white Jayco Jayflight camper. Good luck

deckhand

Reaction score
Pat

I am with you on the meat.....horn is good mojo but tag soup is tough. I ate both deer tags last year...and I was trying hard.....
I also have the A33 this year.....I am wondering if can hunt deer also while on the Elk hunt. They are opening up interesting areas around the cantonment area for the first time ever.....it will be fun.
As I said before...I am driving a crusty 95 Rodeo (4x4)....forest green. Stop by and let's talk.....

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Scott,

Less hunter on that time frame.let's cross our finger on what the base commander promise.:smiley-mouse:It will be interesting to hunt deer and pig around the landing strip and at the back of the shooting range.

Do you live next to Stratford road?

Congrats on the draw.

deckhand

Reaction score
Yep

Hey Jerry, yes...it is me.
It will be good to see you up there....less people for sure. Quieter....

My best to you~

-S.

Top Bottom