FHL quail huntin

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Fubar, Kenny and I waded into the quail last weekend at Fort Hunter Liggett. The crisp morning turned into t-shirt weather by noon. We found several good coveys to shoot and Kenny's GSP pointed many birds.

Sunday I was driving around looking for another spot to varmint call from and I saw this group of about 30 run across the road. As I pulled up to watch  I saw this bird take up a lookout position about 15 yards from my truck.

The bird didn't really seemed to notice me and after a few minutes I glanced over and the sucker had gone to sleep in the warm morning sun. His buddies were loafing in the nearby rocks, not knowing their flank was unguarded by their sleepy buddy.

Mntnwyngr

Reaction score
Great pictures/stories!! That sleeping century deserves to get his plume snuffed!

Mnfshrman

Reaction score
Once again Spectr you've amazed me....Can't tell you how great those pictures are.  Thanks much for sharing them with me....

Chris

Reaction score
Spectr, what camera do you use?  I'm in the market for one, and your photos always look great.  Thanks.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Chris,

The camera is an Olympus 2100UZ. It is a model from last year but you can still find them at some dealers and on ebay for a steal under $499.00.

Here is a post from when I first started using it.

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...m=6&topic=1

Saskman also uses this camera and you can find a bunch of his pics under the Big Game section using the search.

Advertisement

Top Bottom