FHL?

BGH831

Reaction score
So who's going what's the story for this year? Open weekends only agian? Recomended to wear all orange with a red flag on your head? Heard it was a huge crowd last year. Any info is good info at this point.

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
It will be close for the first three weeks of the rifle season due to military training.

wavesfr

Banned
Reaction score
I'm out this year. Put in lots of years at liggett. Had lots of fun,great memories, Used to go every weekend of deer season & once or twice a month for the rest of the year. So it kinda sadins Me but whats worse is what its become over there. Turned in to 3rd world country,Trash loud music bring WHOLE family take water hose to there site, toilet paper & graffitti all over the bathroom totally disrespectful. Clogging up the lines cause some don,t understand english. In fact I think fhl should make everyone hunting there show hunters ed card. That would stop some of tha crap. Then to mention the whole getting in thing! Anyway I'm STILL gonna miss it made some good friends there. So good luck ya'all. P.S. that buck on My avatar is from FHL

brknarrow

Reaction score
i'll be driving through fhl to hunt lpnf. don't like standing in line

BGH831

Reaction score
Gotten that bad huh. Well thanks for the heads up I heard rumor it was a wait and a half and a congested nightmere after you got in but i guess I had to hear it from someone ealse.

Rikochet

Reaction score
BGH831,
I also hunted FHL last year. I was there opening weekend. My dad has been there before but I had not. So I really did not know what to expect. Well, when you are in the training areas I did not see to many hunters in the field. Everybody was really nice that I talked to, however, as wavesfr said the campground was a little different story. It was very crowded, not only music playing but vehicles coming back and forth. I myself was not a ready to have other camps right next to each other. I went with my dad and a friend of ours and I will not hunt FHL on opening again. Just to much chaos. But that is just me. I hunted the last weekend and there was a lot of hunters but it seemed to be not as hectic. It seemed more low key. The hunting was great, we got two buck from there so it was nice. Anyways, just thought I would tell my story.

tylercreek2

Reaction score
the line to get in is a real bummer , but as was stated the hunting is pretty darn good, what we did a few times when the campground at the check in station was too crowded as in opening weekend ,,, go off base out naci ferg road to the second campground , its only a few miles , the first one you come to is sorta just a wide spot in the road , go past that one , the next one is the one and i cant remember the name
,,, but its a pretty nice little campground ,,, all the times the base was a zoo we stayed in there , worked out really well , nice and quiet the times we've stayed there ,,,, maybe someone will read and know the name ,,, if i remember or look at my LPNF map i'll post it up

Rikochet

Reaction score
TylerCreek2 thanks for sharing about the other campground. Where I usually hunt, there is not that much traffic or people. The hunting was great as I said. It just took sometime to get used to the people and the lines as you know. I would go back again definately, but not on opening weekend again. I saw more deer later in the season too.

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
The army did not show up
so they are open for the week end they ocomodate 360 rifle hunter 41 for area 29&30
goodluck guys

CaliJeephuntr

Reaction score
I actually heard troops are showing up... but guess not as many yet. This sort of caught people by surprise. Wonder how many will actually be there? I know I will be.

Deer season is finally here! Woot!

BGH831

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XDHUNTER @ Jul 31 2006, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It will be close for the first three weeks of the rifle season due to military training.[/b]
That's prettie damn bad information seeing all the reports of downed deer taken this weekend. Would have gone if I had known. Leason learned I guess don't listen

CaliJeephuntr

Reaction score
I wasn't planning to go. But soon as I heard I changed plans and headed up. Was a surprise to even somee people on the base. Not much you can do or say about that. It is what it is. Troops are moving in and it will be closed the next few weeks.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Caveat Huntor... or whatever.

Rumor can sure seem like fact on a website. The simple solution is a phone call to the horse's mouth before you bag your plans. :pullshades:

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BGH831 @ Aug 14 2006, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XDHUNTER @ Jul 31 2006, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It will be close for the first three weeks of the rifle season due to military training.[/b]
That's prettie damn bad information seeing all the reports of downed deer taken this weekend. Would have gone if I had known. Leason learned I guess don't listen

[/b][/quote]

ITSnot a rumor its a fact it was posted on there web site two months before the opener dont blame me if fhl change it.just like caljeephuter said even the people in the base are surprise.and i posted that it will be open and how many they can ocomodate.

BGH831

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XDHUNTER @ Aug 14 2006, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BGH831 @ Aug 14 2006, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XDHUNTER @ Jul 31 2006, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

ITSnot a rumor its a fact it was posted on there web site two months before the opener dont blame me if fhl change it.just like caljeephuter said even the people in the base are surprise.
[/b][/quote]

Sure as Heck makes it tough to plan anything with any kind of lead time. Oh well guess should be happy they let people in at all, right.

Top Bottom