Fieldpix

rutnduck

Reaction score
Has anyone else bought the CB-1K from Fieldpix?  I got mine Monday, completed it yesterday and the LED stays on all the time, not sure what's wrong.  I have sent a couple of note's to Steve but have not gotten a response yet.  If anybody can hep me please!

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
rutnduck, I have a kit from him I put togethr and it is great. He will get with you and help. He I'm sure is busy too but he does seem to care a lot. I had a problem with my soldering and stuff but he led me in the right direction. We even got on instant messenger and he helped tremendously. Other than double check your wiring and be sure of no solder bridges and stuff, check your batteries, mine were low and causing problems. Good luck you will like it I'm sure when you get it done. MC.

rutnduck

Reaction score
Thanks MC.....i'm sure he's busy too!  I only get to work on this stuff after 9-10PM until I'm too sleepy to continue.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
rutnduck,
I just answered your emails.  Sorry it took so long...I spent last weekend in a hospital in Kansas with my father-in-law.  He had a heart attack...he's doing OK, but will need bypass surgery this week.  Now I'm on the road for my real job and won't be back until after the 4th of July weekend....I'll be happy to help via email for now, and then when I get back, will be happy to assist via the phone or instant messenger.

rutnduck

Reaction score
hamiltoe....got your emails!  thanks
Hope your Dad pulls through with ease!
Talk to you when you get back, MCinIL has offered to help me!

djc

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my first board from fieldpix. I tried everything. I had looked it over with a magnifing glass, and it looked fine. Eventually, I took an exacto knife and scraped between the leads on the board, as well as washed all of the flux off the board. When I was done it worked, evidently there was a tiny bridge somewhere, or maybe the flux formed a bridge. I bet if you do these two things it will work.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Hamiltoe,

Hope your father-in-law gets better.

>>>>

Man could I tell you some stories about solder bridges.  Those things will drive you crazy.  I had one underneath a surface mount capacitor one time that I just knew was not there but low and behold when I removed the cap.  There it was.  I still get these things from time to time.  Just one of the hazards to deal with when soldering boards.

rutnduck

Reaction score
OK, just so everybody knows I am not and electrician or engineer.  I do have a neighbor electrical engineer in the next cube that has offered support but I have discredited his advice as rumor.  I'm 99% sure I have the electrolytic capacitors soldered with reverse polarity, per a note from 'the hamiltoe', so tonight I will desolder and resolder with great expectations.  I double checked all positioning and for bridges last night and none were evident.  If the polarity prob doesn't solution the error, i will break out the exacto and go to fine skinning!  Thanks for all the ad vice and I will post tomorrow with a resolution, I HOPE!

rutnduck

Reaction score
yehaw!
after getting the polarity straightened out on the capaictors, the PIR and board are functioning as designed!!!!!  
I wanted to thank all who responded with suggestions in troubleshooting!

Now if I just get the camera.......

Latest Posts

Top Bottom