fighting coues

Glass eye

Reaction score
My customer shot these in Chihuahua while they were fighting.
He shot the one with the "shovel like" antler and they both ran off. His guide told him that he missed, he said he hit it, but the guide insisted that he had missed. While they were debating the issue the smaller buck returned and the guide convinced him to shoot it.
After he told me this story I convinced him to mount them in this pose.
Hope he likes it.

Attachments

richardoutwest

Reaction score
Nice work glass-eye! Not very many can do a coues that is correct! People do not know how much work goes into cutting down a form to get the right measurements on a coues. There are not hardly any forms out there that are coues specific. Many taxidermist just use a young eastern form and leave the nose long. Thank you for your well representation of our little deer!

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Dang it! I think I might have, should of maybe, made that trade.........

Great work Breck!

Glass eye

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('Ike' @ HM @ Mar 27 2008, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dang it! I think I might have, should of maybe, made that trade.........

Great work Breck!
[/b]
Thanks, and if you hunt coues or javelina consider leaving them with me. Getting them back to you is no problem, I grew up in your area and I have lots of family and freinds up there.
BTW I need to round up a few peacocks to mount, would you know where I find some in your area.
When I lived up there I was the peacock exterminator. People start with a male and a couple hens and a few years later the neighborhood is overrun with them.
We can work out some sort of trade for a finders fee.

Glass eye

Reaction score
If you find free-roaming peacocks that the owner doesn't mind me taking them with a .22 then were in business.

Advertisement

Top Bottom