Filled Multiple Freezers

Where's Bruce?

I'm too tired to post a report except to say, yes...this was a canned hunt, yes my screwed up my first shot, (failed to lead the moving bull enough and hit 6-8" further back than intended) but waking up to the gobbling of two dozen turkeys nearby was cool. I'm beat...need to rest & recover.

[video=youtube_share;xLQ0IAPnBs0]http://youtu.be/xLQ0IAPnBs0[/video]

solus

congrats Bruce but you are gonna have to change your picture now... we know what you look like now lol enjoy that bison meat I hear its delicious

slanttop357

Congrats Bruce what a bull, i give the camera man a 5 out of 10 next time take me along, and yes with that same camera you filmed me with. Its a Sony 120X digital zoom Super Steady Shot Handycam loaded with a Extra Fine DVD. Also did you get the tex i sent you of the idea for your backyard heating ?

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

Video

The actual chase (ridiculously aggressive stalk) was much longer than what is shown in the video. But because we were running the footage would give the average viewer vertigo. I cut out a ton of stuff because it was just too jumpy and hard to watch.

jbcaptain11

thats awesome those broad heads look scary! but what do u do with wall that meat... do u give some to a food bank?

JTA6498

That was craziest thing I have seen for bowhunting. I have never hunter buffalo or in snow so bear with me. Are buffalo not savy to noise? It sounded like the snow was loud? Also, what general area was that? Those building in the back looked like they were only +\- 300 meters. Any other large game animal would have been gone after first opportunity. Great job on staying on the guy and making the shot after that long with the adrenaline. Looked like fun man. What state is that in? I want in!!!!

Where's Bruce?

I was not among the 44 hunters to draw a tag in Utah (virtually impossible for non-residents)...this was a canned hunt on a private ranch. As for bison, they are not intimidated by much but generallt avoid bipeds...just not like a deer does though. The area you saw in the background was actually more like 1000-1200 yards. I had chased this guy Wednesday late in the day and lost him. Never found him Thursday...Friday was well...you saw it. A big relief.

dustin ray

Nice job Bruce looks like a lot of fun so what are you doing with the hide and what about the meat grind it up ? and how much did it cost
Vary cool Bruce

Where's Bruce?

Nice job Bruce looks like a lot of fun so what are you doing with the hide and what about the meat grind it up ? and how much did it cost
Vary cool Bruce
Hide's being tanned, skull being bleached, shoulder mount all adds about $1250 plus $800. For aging, cutting, vac packing and freight. I will get all the usual roasts and cuts you'd expect from beef including a lot of ground. My 1st buff yielded over 500lbs of meat...took 4 yrs to eat.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Hey Bruce What's going down there in the background of the video before u shot your monster bull, thanks....tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Where's Bruce?

This was done on a private ranch and the pasture below was full of horses and turkeys. I must have seen over 100 turkeys in 2.5 days...woke up at 4:30am to the sound of a couple dozen gobblers near my hammock making all kinds of racket. I will upload some pics i took of the area during my trip so you can get a better idea of the terrain. Utah has everything.

EDIT: Here's some pics of the area.

Weather moving in:

The ranch I was on was roughly 500 acres. Elk had knocked down the east fence in many places.

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

Thanks for the reply, cool photos, where u able to cover the 500 acres in 2.5 days looking for a buffalo....tra
The east fence on the ranch I hunted had been knocked down in several places by elk and there are expensive consequences if a "farm animal" escapes into the public land so the pressure to kill it before it crosses the boundary is substantial. I didn't have a shot on Wed, lost his tracks in the fresh snow on Thursday and was greatly relieved to locate and kill him on Friday. I thought he had left the property Thursday but he had found one of the hillsides that was steep enough and with enough vegetation to protect him from the wind and snow. My GPS showed I had actually passed close to where he was twice but never saw him. Visibility on Thursday dropped to less than 150 yards for half the day. I was getting pretty desperate that day. The ranch is over 5000 acres. I walked until just before dusk and once in the hammock, I was out. Wind woke me a couple of times, the snow hitting the tarp was loud.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

That's pretty cool pursuing and hinting down a potential fugitive buffalo from escaping the ranch, well u got the job done my and now in that's in the history books what's next, Africa.....tra
The reason I thought it was a 500 Acer ranch is in post # 16 u stated (the ranch I was on was roughly 500 acres)

Top Bottom