Filled Multiple Freezers

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
That's pretty cool pursuing and hinting down a potential fugitive buffalo from escaping the ranch, well u got the job done my and now in that's in the history books what's next, Africa.....tra
The reason I thought it was a 500 Acer ranch is in post # 16 u stated (the ranch I was on was roughly 500 acres)
Typos happen. Next hunt is AZ for the elusive javelina. I am trying to plan a Yukon moose hunt but nobody accepts singles and finding a partner has been difficult.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Tentative score on the horns is 109 1/4 inches. Not record setting for anyone but me.

WoodGrain

Reaction score
Bruce,

Way cool dude, I need to do this sometime in my life! Thanks for sharing your pursuit.

Even though it was a canned hunt, my hats off to ya. I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Thanks,

WoodGrain

Taylor31

Reaction score
What's the price tag on the Yukon moose? I might be down.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
If you hafta ask you can't afford it. LOL

A moose hunt will run $14-20K (depending on outfitter, area and whether you float or spike camp)...add more for taxidermy, meat processing and transportation, etc. I wanna do an archery grizz hunt too...that's $30K transportation and taxi.

Taylor31

Reaction score
Well I asked and I can afford it. However in talking about it I found a friend that knows a guide that would cut me a family discount so I'll have to pass.

THEBEST

Reaction score
500 acre ranch is nothing..This would be the same if you shot a steer grazing in a fenced area. What is the big deal about this hunt? Am I the only person questioning this canned hunt? I guess so..

goldenarrow49

Reaction score
500 acre ranch is nothing..This would be the same if you shot a steer grazing in a fenced area. What is the big deal about this hunt? Am I the only person questioning this canned hunt? I guess so..
He said in the first post that it was a canned hunt. If you don't think a hunt like this would be fun for you don't do one. Why would you feel the need to belittle another's hunt? I think a hunt like this is like going to a rancher and buying a whole cow except you get to hunt the cow. Bison are not very wary animals anyway There is a reason the were almost hunted into extinction.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
I corrected the typo in post 18, it was a 5000 acre ranch. The timeframe to edit the post had elapsed. It's 6 month old news now...here's what he looked like on Father's Day.

Last edited:

skookum

Reaction score
Bison are not very wary animals anyway
Chuck Adams argues that, in terms of difficulty and wariness, a wild bison ranks at the top of his list. It looks like these weren't exactly wild but it sounds like he had to work his ass off anyways. Congrats x1000 Bruce. Keep on killin and grillin.

Top Bottom