Film loading problems with Owl PF

Zeke

Reaction score
Anybody having any problems with film not loading correctly. I built one for a buddy at church and he has brought it back to me twice. First time he said it wouldnt rewind...well when I checked it out..I pushed the rewind button and it re-wound. He should have told me it wouldnt advance...so there went a brand new roll of film. I get it back last night and the display was flashing 0. This time I took it in tha dark and opened it up and the film had just been loaded but it had not advanced. I had to take batteries out to get it to reset..(stop flashing 0). The film looked like it was where it needed to be to catch on the teeth...so I close it back up but it still didnt advance to 1. I had to open and close it 3 times before it would catch.
Is there anything that could have happened when the camera was disassembled to do the wiring that would cause this?
I've got 3 more cams that I have never had a problem with.  Anybody got any ideas?  Z

woodsman

Reaction score
I'v had the same problem ,I'v had to cut 1 to 2 inch off the end of the roll to get it to load up ,I think the problem is with the teeth on the cam being to small .also pull the film out further then  you normaly do.

bat

Reaction score
Zeke, I was just looking at one of my PFs.  Check to see if the tension bar or whatever its called is still in place.  There should be one behind the plate located on the back cover that holds the film up to the film spockets.  I don't know what all this plate does but it looks like that is part of its function.  bat

swampfox

Reaction score
pull slightly on the little tension arm that keeps pressure on your film. it makes it grab the teeth on the wheel so it can advance...good luck

Latest Posts

Top Bottom