FINALLY A PIC OF A WOLF

davered1

Reaction score
Finally, after 1 month with my cam out in 1 spot where wolves frequent I got 1 on film.They haven't been back since(I got this pic 1 week ago).

He's a beaut eh?

GOD I LOVE THESE CAMS

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Awesome!  I would have to say that is one of the best pics yet.  They sure are beautiful animals.  

coyote

Reaction score
Awsume Man!!!!  Where are you located?...yoteee'

davered1

Reaction score
yotee,

located at Golden,B.C. 2 hours west on hwy#1 from CALGARY.

Damn dogs are hard to convince they should have there pic taken.

fixed up a cam for them.Cut bigger hole for light sensor so it shuts flash off during day but they like running in the night so will have to wait  and see if I can get some daytime pics.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
daverd1,

That is one beautiful picture.  Man does it look sharp.
Hey just a thought but you might try using gloves to keep your scent off the camera and spray them down once in the woods with scent eliminating sprays.  I have notice deer can smell my scent on my cameras days after it has been left out.

I notice this one year when I built a remote control camera system.  I put the camera up in a tree over a trail and I put the sensor down on the ground across the trail.  When I developed my film I had a picture of a deer with its neck stretch out looking at the camera but the neat thing was the one behind the transmitter that I could not have seen without the camera up in the air.  It was smelling of the transmitter from behind the PIR's active area.  It was pretty obvious they could smell me on the unit.  All I would have seen if I hadn't had the camera up like that was a deer staring at the camera.

Just a thought.  The wolves have a very keen sense of smell and your scent will linger a lot longer than you think.

Awesome picture.

Brian

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I am speechless too, what a pix, I'm about as thrilled as you are.

Tinhorn

Fubar

Reaction score
davered  Thats a Great pic! If you have a lottery there you should buy some tickets. They way your luck is going right now you would be a millionair. Way to go.            Fubar

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Man,  what a great pic!!!  I am sooo jealous.  Why can't I have neat animals like that around me??  Look!! You even have snow!!!!

Good Job Dave.  It's moments like this that make this truely unbelievable!

ToddP

davered1

Reaction score
brian ,

This time when I put cams out I used my trapping approach.RUBBER gloves,in from the side of there trail and I sprayed cam down with that scent sheild descenter.

with any luck I get some more.Probably will move 1 cam soon though a freind of mine has a cougar lurking around his property and I would like to get a pic of him.Before someone shoots him.

hehehe

Possum

Reaction score
Beautiful!  Those sure are pretty animals.  Very good clarity and depth.  You could not have asked for more.

bmulley

Reaction score
You are a lucky man...If I got something like that on my cams, I'd die a happy man!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom