Finally connected.

Planetcat

Reaction score
Boy, this wild pig season has been a tough one. Nocturnal hogs, clear sign of mtn. lion pressure, whacky weather patterns, etc. I finally connected on this nice sow last weekend, about 5 minutes after arriving at my spot in Sonoma. She was the only hog we saw all weekend, and I feel grateful to have gotten her. On a side note, I was trying out a new .338 win mag, and needless to say, no tracking was involved after the shot. :)

20190221_122950.jpg

20190221_122841.jpg

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Congrats on your successful wild pig hunt and capitalizing on the only pig u saw that day, wtg! Looks like a great eater. I uprighted your pic 4 u...tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OPAH

Reaction score
Alright SOW about a PIGBQ !

TheGDog

Reaction score
I see you chose the ON/OFF button as your target! hehe.

Planetcat

Reaction score
Thanks for the fix. :) Not sure why one picture was the correct orientation, but the other one was sideways.

Planetcat

Reaction score
I see you chose the ON/OFF button as your target! hehe.
Actually, I hit her behind the shoulder at a steep quartering away shot, and it exited out her opposite eye socket. There also seemed to be some bullet fragmentation, but I couldn't have planned that shot if I tried. I don't get "bang-flops" very often with these hogs.

P304X4

Reaction score
Congrats on bringing home the bacon!!

Fredezee

Reaction score
Congratulations! 5 minute hog hunt. don't get better than that!

TheGDog

Reaction score
5 minutes. Wow. That's when it's good to have predator calls along for afterward, with all that freetime you then have to experiment with!

cjack

Reaction score
Totally jealous! Wish I lived in pig country...congratulations Planetcat!

Planetcat

Reaction score
5 minutes. Wow. That's when it's good to have predator calls along for afterward, with all that free time you then have to experiment with!
I ended up being guide and SxS chauffeur to my buddies for the rest of the weekend. Pretty relaxing actually. Lol.

Top Bottom