FINALLY GOING TO X9A! MAYBE!

lclevenger20

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a new thread about X9A. I have 5 points this year and will draw the tag. I have about 25 spots I will scout before the season opens. I have read so many success stories from so many sites. This site is by far the best site for advice on where to start. I am wondering if I should start scouting down by Bishop and make my way north, or start up north and make my way down south? I am an avid hunter and love to hunt places that other people wont. I took a nice buck last year in a place where no one would have guessed close to a fire. I was also wondering about the wilderness area up there if any one has been up there. I will probably hunt the first five days then the last five days unless the snow comes early, in which I will be up there in the snow. One of my friends son will also have the tag and I hope to get him a buck first, then work on mine. He has never killed one before hopefully he gets one. I am excited and look forward to some input. Thanks ahead of time for any input. Hope everyone draws the tags they want this year.

CaliJeephuntr

Reaction score
Sweet! I'll most likely draw this year also (4 points) for the third time. I didn't get a buck the 2nd year I went, but it wasn't for lack of seeing bucks. Passed on some smaller forks hoping for a nice one. It's a big area with lots of places to go. I'm hoping to expand to some new spots this year over the area's my group hunted the first two times.

CODE3RUN

Reaction score
My son drew it last year. Missed a monster but ended up shooting a smaller buck.

shoot-it

Reaction score
I plan on applying for it I have 3 points .I talked to a guy last week that shot a real nice buck last season he told me a crazy story about anti's hunters going around beating pots and pans trying to scare off game.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I plan on applying for it I have 3 points .I talked to a guy last week that shot a real nice buck last season he told me a crazy story about anti's hunters going around beating pots and pans trying to scare off game.
Two years ago a guy I know and his son both bagged bucks. Another hunter in their campground bagged a bear and a buck. They were confronted and harassed by anti's, some who were crying and acting hysterically. He told me that he was concerned since he had his son with him since he was a junior hunter.

CaliJeephuntr

Reaction score
Were they confronted in their campground? I'm curious if this would still be considered hunter harassment even though they were not in the act of hunting. Would recording the incident and then calling the sheriffs (if possible) allow the harassers to be taken away? Or is it more a disturbing the peace type deal at that point?

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
He told me that he thought it was harassment, but I don’t know if they could have been charged under the hunter harassment law or not. Interesting question, though

shoot-it

Reaction score
This did happen 2 years ago I had my time wrong.He was in the process of shooting a buck at 150 yards he said a women got in his face then a man he was about to get in a fight when the sheriff pulled up and got the tree huggers away from him.The sheriff then asked him do you want to shoot that buck he said yes and the whole time the buck just looked with amazement lol.I bet the banging of pots and pans just made the buck curious .
If I get drawn I am taking pots and pans with me on the hunt ..

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
If I get drawn I am taking pots and pans with me on the hunt ..
Don't bother brotha, I did that year after year without success. Then one year I forgot the pots and pans, and low and behold, several anti hunter/tree hugers showed up. Wouldn't you know it, I bagged another nice buck right in front of them. I have been inviting them to go with with me every year since, and since they have been joining me, I have been running 100% success. So, once again, leave the pots and pans at home, bag a tree hugger; uh I mean invite a tree huger/anti.

dunderee

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get it as well I always put in as a party with my father. We each have 3 points. Crossing my fingers.

Mjp62

Reaction score
Here's mine from 2014. They make them bigger up there so try to hold out. I also posted a photo of what he looked like last night.

Hikingwithguns

Reaction score
My first question is shouldn't you have drawn x9a with four points?

My second question is where do I get a tag for vegans? I hear they are good as long as you keep em medium rare ;)

fritojay

Reaction score
There are no deer in x9a. Please leave that area and do not return. I on the other hand will continue to apply for the zone just so I can support the local business

Bowhunter_619

Reaction score
This will be my last year hunting in California and I'm hoping to draw the zone. Next year I will be hunting Virginia.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom