Finally Picked One!

slyck68

Reaction score
Recently I started a thread called "I Shot 'Em All" where I compared each of the latest and greatest bows from each manufacturer. I wound up buying the Bowtech 101st Airborne, oddly enough a bow that I was very hard on in my "mini-review". I'll spare the lengthy details, but in my review I liked the solid wall and the shot best of all the bows tested, but the draw cycle was unbelievably harsh and I would never be able to do so in a hunting situation.

I decided to drive a little farther and shoot another 101st at a different dealer who specializes in Bowtech to see if I could get a better example of what Bowtech has to offer. The very first shot changed my mind. What a difference! It was ten times smoother and easier to draw at the same draw weight with the same mods (speed, NOT smooth mods). Before I couldn't pull the bow back more than twice without risking a hernia, now I couldn't put the thing down! I fell in love and bought it right then and there. I spent a few hours shooting yesterday and I had that bow dialed in out to 60 yards in just over 1/2 an hour.

I think the moral is if something doesn't feel right, maybe it isn't. I have no doubt that the first bow I shot was out of tune and the binary cams were not in sync. I couldn't convince myself to buy this bow from a shop with a faulty demo, no matter how good a shop I know they are. Afterall, it is the shot that is supposed to sell you. What if it was my bow they put together incorrectly? For the record, I'm not bashing anyone and aside from shooting a flawed bow and a few minor incidents not even worth mentioning, I'd recommend either shop.

Raully

Reaction score
I always here from people that the new Bowtechs have a harsh or rough draw. Mines smooth as butter, bu thats because it was set up right. It really does depend on who sets them up and tunes them right. Believe me I have walked in some pretty Chitty shops and walked right out.

slyck68

Reaction score
I assume that is because of the binary cams. I would guess the single cam or cam and a half bows are more forgiving and straight forward to setup. I'm glad I'm not the only one, thought I was losing it!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom