Finally Sprung!

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
Well, just wanted to report the good news that I am home! You can't imagine how great that is. I got to take a shower, and I slept all night without anyone waking me up to stick needles in me. I'm telling you, it was pure bliss!

I have a few days off work so I can rest up and wrap my head aroung things a bit. When you're in the hospital, you tend to deal with the immediate stuff. Now I need to figure out how to live my life so that the chances of this sort of thing happening again are reduced. So, I'm going to take the next few days to do that.

What I do know is this, I was incredibly lucky. They say I was probably walking around in a a-fib for as much as two months. The number of things that could have happened, up to and including throwing a blood clot and having a stroke are truly scary. The fact that I came out of the whole thing with a condition to manage but no debilitating side effects is nothing short of a miracle. God, or the universe, or whatever you choose to call it, was really looking out for me. Now it is up to me to take the chance I've been given and run with it.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for their encouragement, bad jokes, game suggestions and support. It meant so much to know that you all were thinking about me and sending positive thoughts and prayers my way. In a strange way I feel like you all are family, and it is a lovely feeling. So, thanks very much.

Anyway, I should be back in the full swing of things in a few days. I'm sure I'll pop back in here later.

RR1

Reaction score
Glad you`re out. Prayers for continued improvement.

Drayton

Reaction score
Welcome home!

I know what you mean about thoes nurses waking you up in the middle of the night.

S&P

Reaction score
Great news GSG! Take it easy.

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
Yeah, I do need to learn to take it a little easier. I pushed myself a bit too hard today and yesterday and I'm paying for it.

Back to work tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I still tire pretty easily, but that will get better.

All in all, I'm doing really well and feeling good.

GSG

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
Thanks, glad to be home.

Just finishing up my first day back at work. I'm a bit tired, but not too bad.

Just got to learn to pace myself I guess. I've never been all that good at that.

GSG

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom