Finally

swampfox

Reaction score
OK i'm finished building the cam. seems to be working great. i didnt cut a window to check how many pics were taken so ill have to pull it open. If i shut it off will it start over where i left off or will it rewind the film ,or not finish taking the rest of the roll. just like to know before i waste a good roll??????

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hey swampfox, you shouldn't have a problem. Your camera may want to take a extra picture, when you open your box, but if you have a  switch to cut off your power supply to your pir, this shouldn't be a problem.
   Congrads on your completion. Take care, and enjoy!!!!!!!

bat

Reaction score
no problem swampfox,
Just power it down in reverse of the way you powered up.  Just watch turning off the Camera and don't hit the shutter button if you left it on the camera..I got several of myself hehe....*^%#$@*& camera got me again.  Go ahead and put the site window in it..no guessing then.

Don

Reaction score
I finally got me a turkey this morning.  This is my third year I have hunted them.  This morning was my first opportunity to shoot.

He was a jake but I had to get something soon or my wife was gonna start wondering if I really was sitting in the woods that much.

He weighed 14 lbs had a 4 inch beard and 1/2 inch spurs.  Not a trophy by most standards but he is to me.

Almost forgot to say thanks guys for sharing your experience and knowlegde.:smiley-thumbs-up:

(Edited by Don at 4:29 pm on April 19, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
Congrats!  But I think I caught a little disappointment in your post above for shooting a jake(?)  Sounds to me like you worked hard and took a legal bird!  You won't forget it.  You've heard of beginners luck? Them poor S.O.B.'s shoot a 20#+ bird/catch a whale of a bass;trout;striper;etc/shoot a bruiser buck ETC their first time out and spend their entire life trying to duplicate that success.  My first bird was the twin to yours, and going into the woods every spring knowing there's a bigger one out there is part of the experience...

Your right to be proud of that bird, you don't yet understand what it is you've accomplished  (it's not the bird, it's the education and experience that got you that bird)

Congrats again, and success in the future!  That 25 pounder is out there....

M

shovelerslayer

Reaction score
Don,

Good Job!!!  The first bird is one you'll always remember.  I agree that a jake is the best first bird.  Now you can work on that first mature tom.  If I did not count the jakes I have killed there would be a lot fewer turkeys in my past...  To me a turkey taken in a sportsman like manner is a trophy regardless of size..

RSB

Reaction score
Congrats Don,any legal bird is a trophy.

Don

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I do plan to spend the rest of the season trying to score a longbeard.  I tried this morning but no luck.  A hen cut me off.

Hunting is a little tough here now.  The temperatures were about 70 at sunrise.  Man it was hot this morning.  But there is no place I would rather be.  I did get to hear him gobble.

Yankee

Reaction score
Congrats on your first bird, that alone makes him a trophy!

Rattler

Reaction score
Don,
 Hey...  That first one doesn't usually come fast or easy.  Way to go. Seems like a 27 lbr doesn't it? I had a big 'un on the line today but he hung up...then went climbing up this steep hill.  Came up empty..again.  Best

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great job Don, can't wait to see your turkey pics. Good luck on your longbeard hunt

woodsman

Reaction score
You'll never forget your first bird Congrats on a job well done .  :dancinred:

(Edited by woodsman at 9:10 pm on April 21, 2002)

Tominator

Reaction score
Way to go Don! You're right about the heat but this week is going to be prime, supposed to get down into the forties tonight! Congrats on the bird and keep agfter them! Don't you live in Piedmont? If so, we should try to get together one afternoon for a quick hunt, I'm in Williamston and work in Powdersville.
Tominator

Don

Reaction score
Hey Tominator,

I live in the Pee Dee region in Cheraw.  I would like to get together sometime, if not to hunt then maybe to talk about hunting.  Sometime I have to travel with my job.  If I get up in your area maybe then.  

Thanks guys again.  I will never forget the entire experience.  I have gone over a hundred times in my mind (probably told my about 10 times).  

Man, those birds sure are something.  One more week here and then it is over for a year.

killinturks

Reaction score
Eggselent job. Like the man said if you done it legally and sportsmanlike you done it good. congrats

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats Don!!!:smiley-thumbs-up:   Every bird is a trophy no matter the size!!

Lankyman

Reaction score
Donnie,

Congrats on your first SC bird.  We are lucky to have the number of birds that we have.  Glad you finally got one.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom