Finished cam

Zeke

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my latest. This one should be easier to pack in the woods than my first. I went overboard with it..probally weighed 10lbs!!!  lol  Z

(Edited by Zeke at 2:58 pm on Feb. 3, 2002)

max

Reaction score
How is that held onto the tree?I don't see a bungee or strapping?

Zeke

Reaction score
I just hung it on the tree with a piece of wire so I could take a pic of it. I've got eyebolts on each side with locknuts on the inside of the case that I will use a stout chain to hang it with when I put it in the woods.  Z

homer

Reaction score
Good job Z, What are you using for a sensor, batterys and camera?  Really like the camo job.

Zeke

Reaction score
I'm using the Owl PF date with RS sensor powered by a 9 volt battery..2 AAs on the cam.  No timers as of yet. For the camo I used Mossy Oak Break-Up ground blind material.  Z

Hey Boy

Reaction score
Nice lookin'  box Z

Mine are very similar in nature.
I also use 5/16 U-Bolts  the ones that come on cable clamps. I put the clamp grippy part in my junk bucket. I also use nylon lock nuts.

Do you think the V shape is necessary for the lense?I just built 4 w/ the owl PF without the V shaped window. I guess time will tell they are hangin' now.

Do you have a sight window for exposures and battery condition? I drilled a 1/2" hole and siliconed a quarter size piece of eisenglass over the hole.

Just a thought. What if the LED was located inside the box near the fresnel lense. So that when the LED goes off it illunimates the fresnel like a brake light on a car.   One less hole in the box.

What about them Patriots. I live in Massachusettes.
Martha's Vineyard to be specific. Want to swap a hunt?          HEY BOY

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
great idea on the led light...1 less hole smart thinkin...u get credit fer that one..steve

Zeke

Reaction score
Hey Hey Boy,
About the V...I've read other posts about having the "sensors"? on the cam showing and the pics come out clearer. Something about the auto focus or something. I figure they are there for a reason....but with the way the shutter contacts are wired I dont really know if the sensors are being used.  Maybe somebody else knows more about it.

Yeah..I have a hole in the top for battery condition and pic counter...but I gotta fix it tonite. Like a dummy, I put the glass on the inside of box instead of the outside. Its siliconed but water would set in the recess and maybe eventually leak into the enclosure somehow so I'm gonna put the glass on the outside....and I like your idea about the led. Next cam I'll try it. It would be alot easier to see the fres lit up than the little led.   Z

davered1

Reaction score
Hey boy,

That is a good idea about led. Iwill try one and see how it works

:smiley-thumbs-up:

davered1

Reaction score
Zeke ,

how did you get that camo to stay on,I like it!

Zeke

Reaction score
I used hot glue to stick it to the box. Any other adhesive would probally work also.  Z

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
(Edited by MCinIL at 1:58 pm on Mar. 30, 2002)

(Edited by MCinIL at 2:01 pm on Mar. 30, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom