Finished My Trail Cam

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
After a couple months of working, I've finally finished my camera.  Thanks to Jesse and everyone here for all of the information, as I could never have completed it without this site.  The setup is a Canon Owl PF, RS 49-425 Sensor, and 3x5x7 hobby box.

I will test it for the first time this weekend while going out for opening day of turkey season in NC.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post when I get back.

C

carl

Very nice,that is the same setup i used except i have the box standind up and used the metal shelf inside for the camera to rest on.I like the size of the hobby box ,the only downfall was after being left out in the rain for three days i did get moisture inside and it didn't want to take pictures until it was dried out.  

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
Neat job, NC Bowhunter!
I used "Plasti-Dip" on my eye bolts. The black colored dip hides them well and is easy to apply. This is the same dip that is applied to tool handles.
Just thought I would share that tip. Good Luck this weekend chasing toms.  

(Edited by cedar N sandy at 2:36 pm on April 13, 2001)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Looks Good ! ! !

I like the size of this one

Aside:  I drill several 1/8" weep-holes in the bottom of my cam's just in case.....

gizz

Reaction score
Very Nice!
You'll have a lot of fun with it

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
I've got my first roll of pictures back, and they came out pretty well.  I was hoping to get some turkeys, but they were all of deer.  I think I should work on a timer now because it went through the roll very quickly.  I'm also planning to try a daytime only feature.

Look closely at the deer in the first picture and let me know if anyone else thinks they see a head from a fawn poking out the side.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Nice cam and pics NC Bow. That doe does look like she has something poking out around her ribs. It's one thing I like about game cameras. I don't get to see many deer in Missouri in the srping living in California. With the pics my Dad sends me I can watch the does and the fawns grow up.

Top Bottom