Fire Ants

Count Drakeula

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were down at Wister scouting things out, we were out on a levee down in the "U" area when her foot sunk into a nest of fire ants, they instantly attacked. She had stings all over her body, it kinda looked like she had small pox. Anywho...be carefull out there and watch where you sit. I've been hunting out at Wister for many years and this was the first time that I had ever seen fire ants there.

Fubar

Reaction score
Count  I hope you reported this to the DFG. California is trying to get rid of fire ant infestation. If they really were fire ants they need to be taken care of. I see red ants that will sting when I am down there but have yet to see fire ants. Make sure you let someone know.              Fubar

songdog

Reaction score
How can you tell fire ants from the normal small red ants that sting?  If I don't float my dead ducks in the water they seem to get those little red ants in just a matter of minutes when I'm hunting down at Wister.  Anything on the bank is a free lunch for those little things.

Count Drakeula

Reaction score
The only way that I know that they were fire ants is because my wife is a biologist. She was able to tell right away. All ants look the same to me.

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
When they bite you a small watery blister will develope. Been there.

LetEmWork

Reaction score
A nice can of Raid and/or Black Flag should temporarily do the trick to these little shysters!

Top Bottom