FIRE PERMIT

so cal hunter

Reaction score
Hey one quick but NECESSARY question ; is a fire permit necessary in arrowhead where we are going. or is it a no fire area? just thinking about cooking of food.                    so cal hunter.

tinner

Reaction score
i know it is, only because jesse secured one for the quail hunt in jan. jesse will you do that or is it someone elses turn, where to0 get one and how much.

(Edited by tinner at 6:08 pm on July 9, 2002)

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
a fire permit is required for the backcountry. BUT you can only have a fire in established campgrounds with established fire rings. otherwise you can only use gel or preasurrized fuel(propane ect.). and even with thse you still need a permit. as long as someone in camp has one i don't think there will be a problem. they do patrol back there too.

cc

Maverick

Reaction score
I was reading a blurp in San Bernardino Sun Newspaper. Said that the forest service is closing some of the forest roads and that there is no dry camping or fires of any kind allowed outside of an established campgrounds. This was due the the fire danger in the local mountains. I would ask a ranger to confirm this the Sun is not known for reliability.

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
JESSE: Do you know somebody at the Forest Service you can check with?  We may need to set up a alternate spot.  The primative campgrounds don't seem to get a lot of use.  

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Just checked with Arrowhead Ranger District. Camping at our spot is fine, just no fires or BBQs. Propane or fire gel os okay for cooking and lanterns are okay. I have a campfire permit. Campfire permits are free and you can get them at any forest office.

rlwright

Reaction score
This time of year you have to be above 9000 feet to have a fire in an undeveloped area

songdog

Reaction score
Based on the thermometer outside my kitchen reading northwards of 100 lately... the fire won't be needed to stay warm like at Wister earlier this year.  However, Evan III's washtub is quickly becoming the official JHP symbol at these events so...

Top Bottom