Firearm & Ammo Restrictions in CA

Marty

Reaction score
I stopped by the local PD office last week to report a theft at our storage locker (another topic) and overheard the gentlemen in front of me speaking with the desk employees. Seems he ( an older gentleman) had a restraining order against himself and his friend was there to assist in the act of relinquishing his firearms. After asking if they were all unloaded, the desk agent added: "Did you bring all of your ammo?"

I certainly would not have thought to bring any ammo unless it was listed on the restraining order. And if I hadn't...

Does anyone ever get any firearm back after relinquishing them?

ltdann

Reaction score
Happend to a friend, took him 2 years to get them back. He finally had to get a lawyer. It's a complicated process, cost some money in fees, but it's doable if you stay on top of it.

#1Predator

Reaction score
It would have been better if he had found a local gun shop that would store them for him until he is legally able to possess them again. The shop will charge a nominal fee to store the guns in a gun safe on their premises. They DO NOT have to be turned in to the PD.

ltdann

Reaction score
Really? I didn't know that was an option....good to know.

nickman123

Reaction score
I assume authorities would only know you had guns if they are registered? Is there anyway for a person to find out what guns they possess are actually registered with the government?

Top Bottom