First Buzz Bombs of the season....

dtj6ppc

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Came across my first rattlers of the new year on a scouting excersion in the north east corner
of the Angeles forest this wednesday. Was not expecting to see any snakes this early but was
wrong, the pacific rattlers seemed to be up and about, very active, looking for a meal coming out of
their dens.

I am going to have to be more carefull where I put my behind when setting up for this upcoming turkey
openner;

Red tail hawk overhead checking things, maybe looking for snake snack;

cjack

Reaction score
Oh my! Your worst nightmare. That even got me thinking about rattlers for the turkey season. Almost sat on this guy my fisrt seasonMisc. 029.jpg

Aught-SixGuy

Reaction score
Three years ago I killed a four foot long Mojave Green in my camp while hunting D-17!

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
They only need a couple days of warm weather to come out. My son tried to take one out with a slingshot during deer season!

bsanders8181

Reaction score
Last deer season my buddy kept telling me how good they are, we were kind of disappointed we didn't get one. He said clean, cut into rounds, marinate, fry. I say next time you run across one or two take em. You may need a fishing license though, I'm not sure

cjack

Reaction score
Cooked the one pictured, fried chunks into a salad!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtnsammy

Reaction score
Cool regs....no taking of Geckos. I guess the insurance companies have great lobbyists.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
You don't need warm days to have rattlers out, I've seen a few on cold days in early spring turkey scouting. Several have buzzed and struck at my gun barrel in 50F weather. Be careful out there, wear snake chaps or boots and watch where you step and sit.

FTTPOW

Reaction score
I don't know if a fishing license is required, but I know a laxative wouldn't be.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Limit two rattlers of the same species a day. I guess if you're unlucky enough you could take a dozen snakes in a day.

P304X4

Reaction score
Haven't had the chance to sample any yet, does it taste like chicken as has been claimed?

Top Bottom